Author Topic: Versa carry "holster"  (Read 3404 times)

vied54

Versa carry "holster"
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
I am by no means affiliated with the Versacarry company, just wanted to give my quick opinion on the product.

I recently purchased this product for my EDC and have worn it for a couple of days now.

Pros: Very easy to conceal due to the minimalist design to the holster, holds the firearm very low and tight to the body. Great for appendix carry in light clothes. The holster stays in place and holds the weight of the gun very well. Quick and easy draw stroke coming from concealment.

Cons: Little to no trigger protection. I would be leery of carrying a striker fired firearm in this holster with a round in the chamber. The company recommends you do not carry with a round in the chamber (that just makes our firearm a glorified club for most situations).

Overall this holster offers great retention with quick access and extreme concealment but leaves us with the extra step of having to chamber a round before engagement. My opinion on this holster is it is great to have when your in the situation where the crossbreed and old faithful holsters are just to bulky. And at $20 I can see where it will be handy to have around.

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Versa carry "holster"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »
Since I carry a Glock I'm guessing its not for me, thanks for the review.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

JayClark79

Re: Versa carry "holster"
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »
I haven't talked to anyone that carries on a daily basis that likes these holsters.... No trigger protection? Carry without a round in the chamber? Have the gun basically right up against your skin/clothes? No thanks.. I feel like this "clip" (it's not a holster) is just something people will try and trash.... The most comfortable holster I have is a paddle holster.... I also have a small kydex holster, but it's just not as comfortable for me, with my gun.