Author Topic: New G2 Research 9mm R.I.P. Defensive Ammo  (Read 7591 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
New G2 Research 9mm R.I.P. Defensive Ammo
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:34:56 AM »
This stuff looks absolutely devastating! Very limited supply currently and only available in 9mm but plans include 380, 357SIG, 40S&W & 45ACP in the coming months. On solid objects they claim (and show) how it rips through the material like a hole-saw. Materials include plate glass, windshields, sheetrock, sheetmetal, cinderblocks, heavy denim, etc. On soft targets (the human body) the outer 8 trocars literately expand and split off creating 8 separate wound channels cutting vital organs to increase the incapacitation rate as the main projectile continues through for a 16" penetration.

I know *I* don't ever want to be hit by these things! My thinks I'd choose a standard HP or FMJ to get hit by myself. At $44 for 20 rounds the typical thug likely will not be carrying them!

I'd like to get my hands on some though I'm told there is a long back order at this point. They can only produce 60,000 a month at this time.

http://g2rip.com/

scroll down the main page for a pretty detailed video.

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: New G2 Research 9mm R.I.P. Defensive Ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
The US fisheries Service and the Dept of Agriculture will no doubt need about 100 billion of these.  And the Post Office too.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
If you shoot an intruder or attacker with one of these specialty rounds meant to provide extreme carnage, guess what? The lawyers will be all over you. Better to stick with 'off the shelve' hollow points in my opinion. These rounds would be fun to shoot cylinder blocks, etc, but I wouldn't keep them in my EDC.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:32:06 PM »
Not anywhere near the testing done to have me place this stuff in my carry. It is a very interesting round though and could be a glimpse into future technologies.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49:46 PM »
I am intrigued by this round and would like to try it but I will not consider it for a self defense round as I see it as more of a novelty at this point.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:57:35 AM »
Not so sure I want to try this yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

JKRight

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »
I think Lumspond nailed it.  Chances are if attacked, we will have to defend ourselves twice.  Attacker and then the lawyers to follow. 

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
We already have to do that.  ::)