Author Topic: Crossbreed Ankle Carry - Thumbs down  (Read 5310 times)

SteveMiller

Crossbreed Ankle Carry - Thumbs down
« on: February 11, 2014, 12:50:18 AM »
Tried the new Crossbreed ankle holster with a Ruger LCP and didn't like it and switched the the Galco Ankle light.  The problem with the Crossbreed is with the velcro.  Instead of having the hooks on the inside of the adjustment strap they put the hooks facing out so that whatever wasn't covered by the strap was able to catch on your slacks.  Nothing like having your slacks velcro to your holster and having to reach down after sitting to pull the fabric free with that velcro sound.

Unfortunately, I bought the holster on sale over a month before purchasing the gun and was not able to utilize the 2 week trial return.  I asked them to make an exception given I had only worn it once even though I had it in my possession for well over the 2 weeks, but they refused.  I have a couple super tucks that I really like, but kind of sour on the recent experience and not sure I will go back in the future.

Steve
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Crossbreed Ankle Carry - Thumbs down
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:42:03 AM »
I've heard the same from a few others regarding thier customer service. Yeah you messed up, waited a bit to long but still. I know I screwed up when placing an order from Comp-Tac and after I'd worn a belt that was 1 size too large they still took it back and sent me a new one after over a month of use.

I was looking at the supertuck for a longtime but finally went with the MTAC instead with more adjustable features and glad I did. Don't remember if they had any ankle holsters or not.

BobW

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »
Sorry about the Crossbreed.

I had a good experience, as did Adrenolin, with Comp-Tac. My brother in law gave me a Comp-Tac holster for my 1911. While wearing it in my yard, a screw fell out. Small and unusual screw. I gave them a call and they sent me a whole set of screws and backs, no charge! World class customer service!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »
Trim the hook portion of the velcro or find another piece of loop and fix it to the exposed hook portion.  The design isn't flawed, it's supposed to be with the hook facing out....  would you rather have the hook digging into your skin on areas where the hook didn't meet up with the loop? 

Was this your only issue with this holster?

I do think it was poor customer service to not take the holster back after only a short time outside of the return window. 

Moosie

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

SteveMiller

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on Comp-Tac.  I will add that to my list of holster sites in my favorites list and check them out the next time I go shopping.  We know we all collect them - may need to get one for my new PPQ. 

Moosie,

My wife said the same thing about the possibility of the loops rubbing if they were on the inside of the strap, but that is how Galco makes their ankle light and ankle glove and they work pretty well (at least for ankle carry which is not my first choice).

Steve
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:34:51 AM »
I agree with Moosie.
After try 3 different holsters, I bought the Supertuck and it has been the one I use since. After a couple of weeks it contoured to my body and it fits perfect. No problems drawing or holstering.
I would recommend it to anyone. I probably will buy more in the future when the need arises.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County