Author Topic: New Castle County - 141 days!  (Read 6806 times)

ThePixelated

New Castle County - 141 days!
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »
I went to my mailbox today and found a letter from the Prothonotary. I GOT MY DE PERMIT!!! Only 141 days from the day I dropped my paperwork off. Marked in my calendar the dates for when it expires and when I can renew it. Maybe I'll be out of DE and in a more gun-friendly state by then. Who knows?

I'm happy as a clam now! Now I have to find a day to go up to PA to get my PA permit.

Now I need the hardware for carry. I wish there was a holster store where you cold take your carry gun and try on different holsters. I have a few marked to try and some from a friend and another forum. I think this is the hardest part.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: New Castle County - 141 days!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
What do you plan to carry and where are you located. Maybe some on the forum can help you out.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:10:54 PM »
I second what Hawkeye said.  We all have a box or drawer of holsters that didn't work for us.  I'd love to part with some of mine! LOL

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

ThePixelated

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:21:40 PM »
What do you plan to carry and where are you located. Maybe some on the forum can help you out.

Glock 19 (main) or S&W M&P Shield. Glasgow area... I would have consulted my friends, but they ALL have different handguns than I do. But there's a thread on a Glock forum I'm on that people speak highly of the Alien Gear holster. Was about to order it, but their site's been down. Hopefully I can order one of those with a kydex shield for my Shield (I like it that it's interchangeable) and maybe something from Zorn or PHLster. I have a INGOC G-Code holster that I just can't get to feel comfortable on me.

ThePixelated

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
I second what Hawkeye said.  We all have a box or drawer of holsters that didn't work for us.  I'd love to part with some of mine! LOL

Moosie

I might end up having one also! Thanks!

Bullpup

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 12:52:28 AM »
X-Ring Supply has allowed me to try on holsters after clearing my firearm first.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
Good info to know. Thanks Bullpup.
New Castle County

Etrier

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
X-Ring also has in stock some custom Kydex IWB and OWB holsters.  You may find that an M&P Shield OWB holster is still in stock.  If you don't find the model holster for your firearm ask the staff for a business card or request that they place an order for you.

Things to consider when purchasing your holster:
Where are you going to carry - appendix, 3 o'clock on the hip, 4 o'clock behind the hip
What type of holster - Inside the Waistband, Outside the Waistband
What cant do you prefer at each draw position.  The holster should allow you to achieve a good firing grip on the firearm as you draw from the holster.
What belt will you wear with the holster.  The holster should be held secure by a properly sized belt loop so that the holster doesn't partially slide up on the draw stroke.
Kydex Holster Maker

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »
Congrats on the permit! The holster drawer/box is inevitable! I have a few inexpensive holsters and never liked how they felt. Researched a lot and almost bought a Supertuck but in the end went with the very configurable and adjustable Comp-Tac MTAC holster and thier Kydex reinforced double layered contoured belt. We now have 3 of these holsters (wife and I) and couldn't be happier. Makes carrying a Walther PPQ or 4.25" 1911 simple and comfortable all day long. I've tried my older single layer leather belt and it failed completely! It's not cheap at $90 bucks each but worth every penny in my opinion.

Comp-Tac has a 30 day return if you don't like the holster which is nice though unlikely to be needed. ;D Order one and give it a try.

ThePixelated

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »
Congrats on the permit! The holster drawer/box is inevitable! I have a few inexpensive holsters and never liked how they felt. Researched a lot and almost bought a Supertuck but in the end went with the very configurable and adjustable Comp-Tac MTAC holster and thier Kydex reinforced double layered contoured belt. We now have 3 of these holsters (wife and I) and couldn't be happier. Makes carrying a Walther PPQ or 4.25" 1911 simple and comfortable all day long. I've tried my older single layer leather belt and it failed completely! It's not cheap at $90 bucks each but worth every penny in my opinion.

Comp-Tac has a 30 day return if you don't like the holster which is nice though unlikely to be needed. ;D Order one and give it a try.

Thanks. I think I've now started a box of holsters.  ;D

rhett4

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
+1 on the Comp Tac MTAC with a Glock 19. Very comfortable for all day long wear for me.

SCUBA9097

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 11:55:28 PM »
Another "kudos" for the MTAC. I've had one for several years now and it's all I used in FL to carry concealed. I'm able to conceal a Sig P229 under a t-shirt (no other cover garment) and I'm only 5'6", 125 lbs.
Ted Pfirrmann
Owner, Omega Firearms Training
NRA Certified Instructor
Type 1 FFL