Author Topic: 127 Days!!! (NCC) & A Question  (Read 7702 times)

lems902

127 Days!!! (NCC) & A Question
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:07 AM »
After 127 LOOOOONG days I finally have my permit in hand!!!  I see at least one other received theirs today as well, so it's a great day!!!  I carried tonight for the 1st time taking my son out shopping for Little League gear, and then to dinner and it felt better than I thought.

Now, A question for everyone.  How many of you carry insurance to protect you in the event you have to use your weapon?  If you do carry insurance, who do you have your coverage though, and why?  I've seen so many options (NRA, USCCA, etc.).  I would love to hear all of your thoughts for and against, and what your experiences have been.

Thanks so much - and I'm so happy I am finally on board with you all.
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: 127 Days!!! (NCC) & A Question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 01:52:17 AM »
Fantastic!!!  So happy for you.  Be safe and keep your family safe.
May you never need to even show it, let alone use it.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 01:59:57 AM »
Insurance against legal expenses might be a good idea... but the most important thing, IMHO, is knowing who your lawyer is beforehand.
In our case, we can reach our attorney or his staff pretty much anytime. They know we carry, and they know that we will strictly follow their advice (STFU and wait for the lawyer) if anything happens.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

robberbaron

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:14:41 AM »
I have CCW Safe. Hopefully, it will never be needed (as I feel with all insurance) and for the cost, I sleep better knowing I have it.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:02 AM »
Congrats !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:01:32 AM »
Congratulations on receiving your permit! As other have said, I hope you never have to use it.  

My insurance policy is the grey matter between my ears.  We all take on extra responsibility when we make the choice to carry some form of a deadly weapon in a concealed fashion...  I make sure the extra responsibility is in the form of training whenever I can for various situations that I might have to use deadly force.  Training beyond going to the range and firing countless rounds at a paper target...

speking of training, I am working on bringing some awesome training to our area that I think is going to really be not only fun.. but effective!!  real life situations (car jacking, firing from within your vehicle, various positions, being wounded, medical care for not only yourself, but someone close by while still taking and returning fire, etc.)...  I personally feel that not enough of us spend enough time "what if'ing" way before we ever get into an encounter.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

ThePixelated

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:07:59 AM »
Got mine today too. 141 days.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:50:17 AM »
Congrats! Yeah the insurance thing. I've thought about it but the chances really are slim we'll ever need to use it. I'd do just about anything to not have to draw a weapon. I'll deal with those issues if the day ever comes and use the saved bucks on training.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
Question for OldGrayGeek: Are you paying for a retainer with your lawyer? Wondering if that is necessary. I have phone numbers of all the big criminal lawyers on my cell, but I've never introduced myself, and have no retainers.
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
Question for OldGrayGeek: Are you paying for a retainer with your lawyer? Wondering if that is necessary. I have phone numbers of all the big criminal lawyers on my cell, but I've never introduced myself, and have no retainers.

I don't pay a retainer. You should not need to, either, unless you need to take up the lawyer's time. If you know the Golden Rule (Shut The **** Up), you should be fine until they arrive to help you.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »
FYI: Here is who we use for last couple of years now

http://patriotlegalprotection.com/about-us/

Pay a yearly fee..
New Castle County

lems902

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »
Thanks for all the thoughts.  I (of course) NEVER plan on anything leaving the holster...but the stories of the hundreds of thousands of dollars people have spent to defend themselves in clearly justified defensive situations makes me think it might be worth it to have some insurance.  I got my permit to protect my family...I'm thinking that I might want to look into financial protection for them as well, God forbid I ever need to use the firearm protection!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits