Author Topic: Starting the process Monday 3-10-14.  (Read 26974 times)

merlin51

Starting the process Monday 3-10-14.
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »
 I am sure it will be well into the dog days of summer before I see it.  L.O.L. Time will go by quickly as I have a busy spring and summer planed.  I will say it was fast and easy to drop off all the info at NCC court house. Any bets on weather it will be July or August. 

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Starting the process Monday 3-10-14.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »
07/07/14
What do I win?
Good luck Merlin!
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 12:13:49 AM »
It's a long wait. 

FYI, tomorrow is too soon to run to the mailbox.   ;D
I know I was checking it just a few weeks after delivering my stuff.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SteveMiller

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
Welcome and good luck.  My wait last year seemed endless.  I hope yours goes quick.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »
I think I waited 63 days (in NCCo) back in 2005. Your mileage may vary.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

ThePixelated

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 01:49:48 AM »
I just waited 141 days for mine, from October to the end of February. A friend waited from September to the end of January.

Good luck! Hope time flies fast for you!

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 01:59:46 AM »
Use the time to think about holsters, belts and very importantly, clothing. 

You may want to check out some of the great information on this forum.  Go to the range. Dry fire in your living room. 

Put the mailbox out of mind for say 6 months.  I think you will be quite surprised then if it comes early. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

merlin51

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
  I have already researched holster and stuff I might need, but I wont buy anything until It's here. Don't want to jink it by getting things early for which I can't use yet. Only thing I have is a gun that will do the job nicely 
  M.P. shield 40. and S. and W.   S.D. 40V.E.  also have given a lot of thought about getting a J frame by Smith and W.

Thanks, Merlin51

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:33 AM »
 I have already researched holster and stuff I might need, but I wont buy anything until It's here. Don't want to jink it by getting things early for which I can't use yet. Only thing I have is a gun that will do the job nicely  
  M.P. shield 40. and S. and W.   S.D. 40V.E.  also have given a lot of thought about getting a J frame by Smith and W.

Thanks,

Merlin51 J Frame Smith is great in my book.  Have you done your training.  That seems to get you about 2 or 3 weeks plus the time to arrange the class. Hope the wait goes by quick.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:33:29 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

merlin51

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:08:19 PM »
 I have done all the training. Only wanted to have to drive into the city one time. Don't go into Wilmington any more then I have to as lot of bad things happen in there. My son said it's best to get it done and turn in everything at one time. So instead of me giving him advice I took it from him.
                                                                                                   Thanks merlin51.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »
I agree with your choice of pistol as I carry the M&P Shield. Very nice pistol. Shoots well and I have not complaints.
One more thing. After buying and trying a number of holsters, I settled on a CrossBreed Super Tuck IWB holster.  CrossBreed makes them custom to fit the Shield and others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

merlin51

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
  Well it's now July 18 and still no news at all. If I am on the 140 day quest I guess it will be the end of July.
                                                                                                                             merlin51. 

SteveMiller

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
I think it is probably time to ask for a status update. 
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

ThePixelated

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 11:23:01 PM »
  Well it's now July 18 and still no news at all. If I am on the 140 day quest I guess it will be the end of July.
                                                                                                                             merlin51. 

Start looking in your mail everyday if you're not already.

merlin51

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 07:37:38 PM »
  Called the NCC court house today and i was put on a line that was picked up by a machine telling me I need to inquire by email and it will take 48 hr to get a reply back, they say the have a very heavy work load.  LOL a sate worker saying they are working hard means they are hardly working!  143 days and still going up.
                                                                                                                                              Merlin51