Author Topic: Ever been "made" while carrying?  (Read 13602 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Ever been "made" while carrying?
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:24:54 PM »
I'm curious as to how some of you have handled a situation (and what the situation was) where a civilian saw that you were carrying?  While I hope I'm good at concealing, I'm sure there will be some situation some day where I'm "made". 

Thanks!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Taurus221

• NRA member
Re: Ever been "made" while carrying?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:09 PM »
Good question but I have never been in that position. But if I were, I would give one or more of the following:

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of m y life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an @@@ whoopin'.

These are just some emails and such I have received from friends and some I have stated myself.

I would rather have a NRA member in front of me than a Brady member behind me.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »
I have been "made" once but it is probably not the kind of story you are looking for.  While I was a young MP in Korea in what seems like a life time ago I was working as a Military Police Investigator which meant plain clothes duty.  Me and my partner were sitting at the bar of a nearly deserted club in a typical GI town near the DMZ doing our best Starsky & Hutch imitation. A GI in the corner kept staring at me and I could not figure out why. After about 20 minutes my partner turns to me and says "Hey, check your gun." Sure enough, my untucked shirt had ridden up and the Smith & Wesson 38 on my right hip was in full view.  I did the only thing I could do. I pulled my shirt back down, finished by 7-Up (yes, it was a soft drink) and walked out as if nothing was wrong.  Throughout my 21 years as an MP I had other chances to work plain clothes duty and I can assure you that I was always vigilant not to have a repeat.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »
Well, Hawkeye... lesson learned for ya, huh?!  Good thought though.  I've been trying on different shirts, jackets, pants, etc. and asking hubby if he can see...  sometimes with and sometimes without so he can't cheat! LOL 

Women have a limited wardrobe if they are carrying in the summer.  I can't find a good spot for an IWB holster for my bikini! ROFL  Just kidding. 

Thanks though for your experience.  Hopefully I'll never have to worry about someone figuring it out.  :) 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
If you find a way to put a IWB in your bikini I want pics of that. LOL
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
Absolutely!!!   :)

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
I've found that I have had to change how I dress some. I can't wear the thin tshirts anymore and everything I buy is a little longer than it has been in the past.
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
Easy enough for you to say GunEnvy!  Womens clothes (the stylish ones anyway) are getting tighter and tighter and shorter and shorter.  I'm only 33.  I dont want to have to dress like a Mom Mom!  I'm hoping to figure out a few summer "ensembles".  ROFL..  I dont think Ive ever worn an "ensemble".  LOL 

Thanks for your post, GunEnvy! 

GunEnvy

• Life Member
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »
LOL you don't have to dress like a Mom Mom, just a man. :D, I imagine it is more difficult for a woman to dress stylish and still conceal a gun. Men are lucky, we don't have anything worthwhile to look at anyway.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:46:47 AM by GunEnvy »
Honey I swear I've had that gun for years!

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 11:43:07 AM »
Moosie try going with a cammo top and skirt this way no matter what gun you carry it will always match and if you want the latest fashion go with the digi cammo

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
LOL yeah, I'll break out my cammo!  Only cammo I have is from several years ago when I finally became a civilian again.  No thanks.  I'll just have to get creative with my skorts.  (Skirt + Shorts = skorts). 

I'm waiting for my brilliant IWB holster to get here so I can start playing with various pants, skirts, shorts, etc. 

And GunEnvy, trust me.  If I bought clothes that would conceal without a doubt, Id be a Mom Mom!  And umm.. no.  Not dressing like a man either.  I'll just have to keep playing until I find a good fit. 

You guys are too funny, though.  Thanks for the morning laughs!!  This is hell week at work.

Moosie

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 12:09:59 PM »
When isn't work hell

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 12:55:40 PM »
What did you do in the navy?

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
What's a A03?