Author Topic: 11/11/2009 EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban  (Read 2625 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
11/11/2009 EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:07:21 AM »
One of the most read Washington Times articles on the evening of the second Fort Hood shooting.
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/11/end-clinton-era-military-base-gun-ban/
According to the article, then-President Clinton, very early in his first term, sign into law a gun-ban on military bases. No more carrying their own personal weapons. One wife, commenting on her husband's Afghanistan deployment, felt he'd be safe because he could shoot back there. The writer urges President Obama to rescind the ban. Well, we've waited almost 4.5 years waiting for that to happen -- reckon we'll have to wait another 3 years for reality to dawn on the Presidency.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: 11/11/2009 EDITORIAL: End Clinton-era military base gun ban
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
shirley you jest.................Obama?
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
I, for personal reasons, would like to see the ban on guns on military bases relaxed even more than suggested.  Allowing active military members to carry firearms is not enough.  The DOD and Congress has recently approved for retired Military Police to fall under LEOSA.  They are currently undergoing the process to determine the ID and qualification procedures.  What this means is that the military and federal government will approve me to carry concealed in all jurisdictions EXCEPT actually on military bases.  In effect the military is saying that you can carry concealed everywhere else, just not here.  That’s kind of like reverse reciprocity.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »
At the very least NCO's of all branches should be able to carry side arms during duty days.  I'm sure things have changed since I was serving but can't remember too many days I didn't have a service weapon with me.
Proud resident of Kent County DE