Author Topic: Glock 42: First Impressions  (Read 3728 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Glock 42: First Impressions
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:35:53 AM »
I had a little time to shoot a box of .380 out of my newest carry gun the other night at Targetmaster.

It feels good in my hand, and shoots well without too much recoil. I shoot it better one-handed. It seems to hit a bit low and left; I'm going to keep trying to make sure that's not my fault, and move the sight a millimeter or so if it persists. At seven yards, I can put all the rounds into a head-sized target, so it's accurate enough for self-defense.

The Sneaky Pete belt clip holster works well, and looks like a large phone case.
I also ordered a Talon pocket holster; it's well made, but the gun is too big for any normal pants pocket... it looks like you're smuggling a DVD box set in your pants. I'll be returning the Talon holster.

Bottom line: I really like the gun, and it's going to be my everyday carry. (I still keep a 10mm Glock in the car, of course).
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: Glock 42: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 01:56:30 AM »
Sweet. I have a .380 on my short list.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: Glock 42: First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
My wife carries a Sig P328 380 and she really likes it as it fits her small hand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County