Author Topic: Carrying at a gun store  (Read 7746 times)

ThePixelated

Carrying at a gun store
« on: April 24, 2014, 12:42:30 AM »
So I just started carrying concealed and I'm planning to make a new purchase at my local gun store. Is it cool to carry in a LGS?

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Carrying at a gun store
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 01:22:28 AM »
I do it all the time, they never asked and I never shared the fact that I'm carrying.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:29:30 AM »
Shooters Choice has a sign outside saying no loaded guns and no cell phones. Mostly this has to do with their range as they don't allow drawing from the holster on the line. As for in the store itself its just like anywhere else. Its concealed and I don't say anything.

Btw, don't leave us hanging.. Whatcha buyin?!?  ;D

ThePixelated

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:57:25 AM »
Shooters Choice has a sign outside saying no loaded guns and no cell phones. Mostly this has to do with their range as they don't allow drawing from the holster on the line. As for in the store itself its just like anywhere else. Its concealed and I don't say anything.

Btw, don't leave us hanging.. Whatcha buyin?!?  ;D

Same at Targetmaster, but they're not my LGS... Just my normal range. My LGS is in Delaware and just a gun store.

I want a Mossberg 500 or 590. Leaning towards the 590.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 09:15:37 AM »
I have the 20" Mossberg 590A1 with ghost rings. Had the speed stock but removed it for the Blackhawk recoil reduction stock and can shoot magnum slugs all day long with it. Extremely rugged and reliable firearm. Enjoy whichever you get.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:36 PM »
Personally, I'd go with Federal Firearms (member here).
Very nice to do business with.  Highly recommend.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »
Second the motion on Chris(Federal Firearms).

Sold my wife an S&W Bodyguard last year and really was very patient and explained very well.

Me, with 40+ years gun experience stayed out of it. Wanted her to hear it from a pro.

Top notch

By the way I always carry at a gun shop.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 02:14:20 AM »
I also dealt with Chris at Federal about a week or so ago. Had trouble find the place lol, but was great experience. Would recommend to anyone!!
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:23:48 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words....much appreciated....great group of guys and gals...happy to take care of you....

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
Here we go...another thread turns into a Federal Firearms lovefest!  :D But it is well deserved, he's a great guy who takes good care of you. Oh no, now I'm doing it too!  :o
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 12:34:23 PM »
Chris Federal Firearms.

Bullpup

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 11:38:59 PM »
I have carried open and concealed at X-ring Supply, and they seem to be OK with it.  They even allowed me to clear my firearm and try a few holsters for size (of course I asked first).  I'm sure Federal Firearm would be fine with it too.

VWpilot

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 12:42:40 AM »
I have carried open and concealed at X-ring Supply, and they seem to be OK with it. They even allowed me to clear my firearm and try a few holsters for size (of course I asked first). 

I'm fully supportive with open & concealed carry there, I work at X-Ring. I support all firearms owners, any type, any discipline, as long they are responsible, ethical, professional and safe. Many people would be surprised to know how many times a week people walk into the shop carrying a pistol or a long gun uncased looking to sell it or just have us appraise it. One guy had a shotgun wrapped in a blanket, swept the muzzle end across me & a co-worker before I asked him, politely, to show me a clear chamber. Another guy brought in 3 pistols to sell, pulled one revolver out of a box, we explained to him it was loaded, then he made sure by looking directly down the barrel. We were just speechless. It's amazing how careless many civilians can be with firearms. Everyone stay vigilant & stay safe ~ Rob.

NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Zallith

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 02:03:25 AM »
@ VWpilot makes me wonder if you guys should wear plate carriers in addition to your pistols while your at work.

ThePixelated

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:50 PM »

I'm fully supportive with open & concealed carry there, I work at X-Ring. I support all firearms owners, any type, any discipline, as long they are responsible, ethical, professional and safe. Many people would be surprised to know how many times a week people walk into the shop carrying a pistol or a long gun uncased looking to sell it or just have us appraise it. One guy had a shotgun wrapped in a blanket, swept the muzzle end across me & a co-worker before I asked him, politely, to show me a clear chamber. Another guy brought in 3 pistols to sell, pulled one revolver out of a box, we explained to him it was loaded, then he made sure by looking directly down the barrel. We were just speechless. It's amazing how careless many civilians can be with firearms. Everyone stay vigilant & stay safe ~ Rob.

Thanks for the info Rob and thanks everyone else!

[/quote]