Author Topic: Tactical Holsters G-Code Incog Holster  (Read 11157 times)

sethinde

Tactical Holsters G-Code Incog Holster
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:13:20 AM »
I ordered a G-Code Incog holster for my XDs 9mm the end of January.  I just received my holster today, Here is my first Impression.

The holster seems to be well made with no rough edges and a fine finish all around.  "Tactical fuzz" around the outside seems like it may be comfortable to wear But I wont know for a while.  The holster is nice and compact and does not bulk up the space that the handgun takes up in my small safe ( with my XDM 3.8 inside too, with a mag for each).  I do like the how easy the clips are to get onto your belt with a click, as well as the way they are shaped to push the grip into your body to help with printing.  The only thing that I do worry about is how well they will hold up as they do seem flimsy and are made out of Kydex ( I think).  Retention is also good, with a loaded mag inserted and holding the rig upside down, the pistol wouldn't budge while shaking it fairly hard. 
Draw from the holster is smooth, has the Kydex sound so it may not be as quiet a draw as with leather.  I got the full guard version with the 3 Hole belt clips that does not have as much cant adjustment as the 4,5 hole versions do.  I was planning on trying out Appendix carry, but it can be used at any position.  I may decide to order the other clips to have as backups and have more cant options.  Also if I decide to Appendix Carry I will also pick up the mag caddy attachment.

Give me a few days this weekend to try some dryfire drills from concealment and maybe a few nights of action pistol and I will let you guys and gals know my thoughts, and what position I like to wear it best...  Or if I want to sell it  :D

SteveMiller

Re: Tactical Holsters G-Code Incog Holster
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:50:44 PM »
I ordered one mid Feb and was wondering if it was going to show up. I guess I might be 2 weeks out
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:40:42 AM »
Great review!! My only comment is below!

"Draw from the holster is smooth, has the Kydex sound so it may not be as quiet a draw as with leather."

If u are drawing, it is for a reason, don't really care how much sound it makes, as long as I am drawing fast, smooth and can get on target quickly!!!
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
Pickup some Dr. Scholl's Moleskin locally or online and place it on the Kydex. I always have some of the 4 5/8" stuff around and it works great. My MTAC holster is a front Kydex shell screwed to a piece of leather and I always stick some moleskin on the inside of the Kydex. Quiets it down a lot. Its not so much to conceal the draw sound in a SHTF situation, but rather, to quiet down the daily insert as well as slowing the wear marks from the holster on the firearm itself.

sethinde

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
I've been wearing the Incog now for quite a while.  I do like the holster and it is comfortable enough.  I do get some discomfort from the grip of the XDs that rubs into my skin if I don't wear an undershirt.  I find it conceals best when worn at about 4:30.  I can also wear it at 3:00 if I use the flush magazine without any printing, but definitely hides better at 4:30 especially with the extended mag.  Holstering can be painful if one is not careful as it can pinch your skin between the gun and holster, but as long as I take my time holstering (which is safer) I have no issues.  I have been attending action pistol and using the Incog and XDs exclusively.  Both have been working well, and I do not regret buying this holster.