Author Topic: Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun  (Read 2135 times)

VWpilot

Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:19:59 PM »
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
Re: Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »
Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but let me throw out a few thoughts.  Number 1, she was not robbed.  The thief went buy her without touching her, or threatening her.  He jumped in her vehicle and drove away.  That is a theft.  Next, when she says she wishes she had a gun, it implies that she would have shot at the vehicle and thief.  From what was reported, there was no opportunity to act before he jumped in the vehicle, nor were there any actions which would have alerted her to his intent to jump into the vehicle, therefore no opportunity to display a gun and ward him off.  In most states the law does not allow you to use deadly force unless your life or another's is threatened. 
Could this explain the liberals fear of guns?  Is it because the liberal would readily open fire based on anger instead of fear? 
I know, I get carried away with this stuff.  Just doing a mental exercise.

Zallith

Re: Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »
I read this same article the other day and frankly had the same thought a gun was not the solution to this situation unless your a criminal and intent on committing murder.