Author Topic: Forrest Theatre  (Read 6480 times)

ThePixelated

Forrest Theatre
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:15:50 AM »
Does anyone know of you can carry at the Forrest Theatre in Philly? Dr. Google isn't being helpful.

ThePixelated

Re: Forrest Theatre
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
Called and they said "no".

I've never been there so once I go there I'll find out what the place is like with security & signs.

ThePixelated

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »
After going there last night, I was a bit ticked at the theatre.

They had one sign, posted near the top of wall by the ceiling in the foyer where the ticket windows are, but I didn't get a close look at it to see if it said anything about firearms, nor did I have a second chance to. I didn't see a picture of a crossed-out gun on it from what I did see. No pat downs. No metal detectors. I could have carried. (I didn't want to risk anything last night. If we got thrown out my wife would have been pissed at me to have missed Eddie Izzard - she loves him.)

I say take a risk if you go. There's no law that says you can't there, it's just their policy.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
After going there last night, I was a bit ticked at the theatre.

They had one sign, posted near the top of wall by the ceiling in the foyer where the ticket windows are, but I didn't get a close look at it to see if it said anything about firearms, nor did I have a second chance to. I didn't see a picture of a crossed-out gun on it from what I did see. No pat downs. No metal detectors. I could have carried. (I didn't want to risk anything last night. If we got thrown out my wife would have been pissed at me to have missed Eddie Izzard - she loves him.)

I say take a risk if you go. There's no law that says you can't there, it's just their policy.
I think in a place like Philly I would err on the side of caution and carry.  Especially going to and from your car at night. 

I know my wife would want to know that I was carrying in a city.  She has a PA LTCF as well but likes me to carry as she doesn't always do so. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »
Called and they said "no".

If you told me you were going to call them, I could have told you their answer.

Been to comedy sports a few times, never asked...  ;)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

ThePixelated

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:58 AM »
Well, if I knew they didn't have real security like metal detectors, pat downs, etc, I would have carried, but I have never been to the Forrest Theatre, I erred to the side of caution. And if they did have real security and I wasn't allowed in or they didn't allow both of us in, my wife would have killed me.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:10:50 AM »
Well, if I knew they didn't have real security like metal detectors, pat downs, etc, I would have carried, but I have never been to the Forrest Theatre, I erred to the side of caution. And if they did have real security and I wasn't allowed in or they didn't allow both of us in, my wife would have killed me.

Hey. Agreed happy wife, happy life. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.