Author Topic: OWB Holster?  (Read 4972 times)

Bullpup

OWB Holster?
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
Does anyone here use, or could you recommend, a good outside the waste band holster for concealed carry?  I know IWB provides better concealment, but I find it very uncomfortable.  I want something that pulls the grip in close to the body and covers the muzzle.  It's for a Ruger SR9C.

Thanks!

VWpilot

Re: OWB Holster?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:59:20 AM »
One of my co-workers at X-Ring, Seth, carries a G19 OWB in a custom kydex holster made by a local guy named Dave Keefer. Dave owns Revolution Equipment, 302 494 7340, he sells some of his holsters at X-Ring. Seth's holster is very much like a Crossbreed Supertuck without the leather, and worn OWB, although the holster does not have active retention (Serpa-like lever). (I use a Crossbreed for IWB carry). FWIW, I do not own one of Dave's holsters, just have seen Seth's up close, it is slim/narrow, offers good passive retention, and is a good solid build IMO. Seth speaks highly of Dave. I hope this helps. Good luck. Stay safe ~ Rob.
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Bullpup

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 01:32:55 AM »
VWpilot, do you have any of these at X-Ring?  If so I'll stop by and check them out.

VWpilot

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 01:51:46 AM »
VWpilot, do you have any of these at X-Ring?  If so I'll stop by and check them out.

None of Dave's holsters were on shelf on Sunday (last time I worked). Dave makes some every-so-often, then brings them in. Best bet is to call X-Ring after 10am & ask if Seth is working, then stop by & talk with him & checkout his holster. (Sorry I don't have his cell or I'd call to find out when he is working next.) ~ Rob.
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Etrier

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 05:01:04 AM »
I am currently making a number of holsters for inventory at X-Ring primarily S&W Shield, Glock and Ruger models.  I can make up a Ruger SR9C holster by this weekend for you to try out.  The holster would be Kydex OWB, pancake style with 5 degree cant, 1 1/2" belt loops for right hand use, black in color.  The pancake holsters are molded on a curved radius to better fit the body with 1/3 of the mold on the inside and 2/3's on the outside of the holster so that the holster fits snug to the body.  Retention is molded into the holster from light to firm depending on your preference.  The belt loop attachment points are also spaced so that the cant can be changed from the normal 5 degree cant to 0 degree and 10 degree cant by changing the position of the belt loop.  Injection molded belt loops are normally installed and available in 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2" sizes.  Custom belt loop sizes can be fabricated from 0.093 Kydex to any size.

Thanks to VWPilot for your positive comments.  Dave
Kydex Holster Maker

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
Here are several choices, all for SR9C.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/ruger-sr9c-sr40c-holsters-s/1904.htm

This company is in Florida. All US made. Fast shipping.

You might want to compare the Pro-Carry Hybrid to the Crossbreed.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bullpup

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:55:18 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I had to spend my holster budget on something else, so maybe next paycheck.  Etrier, next time I'm in X-Ring I'll see if they have any of those in stock.