Author Topic: NCC Man Shot in Home Invasion  (Read 8689 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
NCC Man Shot in Home Invasion
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:08:49 PM »
Another sickening and unnecessary murder.
A 28-year-old man was fatally shot and a friend was pistol-whipped late Friday when two men knocked on the door of a New Castle-area home and forced their way in, police said.
The assailants broke into the home, in the first block of Revelle St., about 11:50 p.m. while Adam M. Reed, 28, and a friend were playing a Madden '09 football video game on Reed's Xbox 360, relatives said.
After a brief struggle, one of the intruders shot Reed and assaulted his friend, New Castle County police said. Reed died from a gunshot wound to the upper body; his friend was treated for minor injuries at Christiana Hospital, Cpl. Trinidad Navarro said. The intruders fled, stealing only a couple of items, including Reed's Xbox 360.
Police are looking for the two men, who are described as tall and wearing dark clothes and face masks. No other descriptions were available.

You can read the rest here:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090531/NEWS01/905310334/Man++28++is+killed+in+home+invasion

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: NCC Man Shot in Home Invasion
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »
Why on earth anyone would answer their door at night without a firearm or knowing who it is - is beyond me.  2 for 2 home invasions where someone (or some dog) was shot and killed. 

Time for more toys!
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
Moosie I'm very familar with this area its called Maple Hill Townhouses and it is point blank slums. I can't begin to tell you all the stuff that goes on there. What makes it worse is there are a couple decent apartment complexes right next to it. So far most of the trouble stays there but if you look at the crime history for the area its very bad. I'm just glad I don't live near there.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:46:23 PM »
I never called anyone scum, The neighborhood is gone, drugs run rampant, there are shootings in there all the time and yes the paper doesn't put them all in there. Look at NNC Police crime report and you will see what I mean. The residences them selves are run down and torn apart. You name it it happens. It very sad because 15 years ago it was a very nice area.
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

gun nut

• Life Member
  • this is my rifle and here is a pistol....
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 01:51:02 AM »
YES more toys
Gun control is hitting your target

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 01:59:33 AM »
They arrested three guys for shooting and killing the guy over the Xbox 360.  I worked with one of them!!!!   Drakkar Briscoe.  I let him into the plant recently when he didnt have his badge. Very nice, polite young man.  One of the other workers vouched for him as I started to open the door, so I didnt think twice about it.  But VERY unsettling to know that this guy worked in the same building as me!

You never know who the person is your talking to or standing next to really is. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident