Author Topic: Another Mass Shooting  (Read 6966 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Another Mass Shooting
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Another mass shooting, this time in California.

A gunman in a black BMW opened fire on crowds of people Friday night in a Southern California seaside town near UC Santa Barbara, killing six people and injuring seven others in what investigators described as a "mass murder" rampage.

Apparently no scary looking “assault rifle” was used.

One semi automatic handgun was recovered from the suspect's vehicle.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/shooting-isla-vista-uc-santa-barbara-260505021.html

I seems the suspect is the son of Hollywood privilege and elite.

Photographs uploaded to a Facebook page reveal the luxurious life of the possible shooter who went on a rampage Friday night at the University of California, Santa Barbara, killing at least seven.

Speculation on the Internet suggests Rodger may be the son of Hunger Games assistant director Peter Rodger and stepson of “Les Vraies Housewives” cast member Soumaya Akaaboune.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/24/13-facebook-pictures-reveal-the-luxurious-life-of-suspected-ucsb-campus-killer/

If his YouTube video is correct, all this because he could not get the right girls interested in him so he wanted payback.  It will be interesting to see how the media treat this story.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/24/extreme-caution-this-frightening-youtube-video-may-be-the-manifesto-of-santa-barbara-mass-slayer/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

lynch

• Life Member
Re: Another Mass Shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 04:51:38 PM »
If his YouTube video is correct, all this because he could not get the right girls interested in him so he wanted payback.  It will be interesting to see how the media treat this story.

They'll whip out the 3-legged stools and start milking the heck out of it, as they always do.
I will be very surprised if they don't turn this into another op for the president to gain more political coin.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
They'll whip out the 3-legged stools and start milking the heck out of it, as they always do.
I will be very surprised if they don't turn this into another op for the president to gain more political coin.

I doubt it. No mean looking black gun used and the family of the alleged suspect is one of their own. They will have to dig deep and go into full spin to find the right-wing boogeyman on this one.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »
Just another case of a mentally ill person gone berserk. The boy was mad because none of the hot chicks would date him. Now do you wonder why?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

ThePixelated

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:20:44 AM »
1- California already has a "high capacity" magazine ban, so all magazines are only ten rounds.

2- The perpetrator's father is the assistant director of the Hunger Games movies.

3- Through their lawyer, the family states that they are for gun control so this doesn't happen ever again, but they're already for it anyway.

4- And of course the family didn't mention anything about helping mentally ill people.

Updated: more updated info: http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/shooting-at-uc-santa-barbara-may-23-2014/ & http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/24/calif-gunman-stabbed-3-at-home-before-shooting-rampage/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:47:36 AM by ThePixelated »

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 05:04:47 AM »
And so it begins:

How the NRA Enables Massacres:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/24/the-nra-s-all-out-assault-on-accurate-information-about-gun-deaths.html

It's the NRA'a fault.
It is very sad that so many have lost the concept of personal responsibility.

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »
Half the fatalities, the first three victims, were not victims of gun violence. They were stabbed to death.

GOLETA, Calif. — A California gunman who went on a rampage near a Santa Barbara university stabbed three people to death at his apartment before shooting to death three more in a terrorizing crime spree through a neighborhood, sheriff’s officials said Saturday.

The three people in the apartment were among the six left dead Friday night during the shootings near the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara. Elliot Rodger, 22, the suspected gunman, apparently killed himself, authorities said.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/24/drive-by-shooting-reported-at-uc-santa-barbara/

Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »
Authorities also recovered 34 loaded 10-round magazines for the Sig Sauers and seven 10-round magazines for the Glock, Brown said at a news conference Saturday evening.

It's a good thing California has those magazine size limits... people might have been hurt!
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
Interesting.

Attorney Alan Shifman earlier told reporters that the Rodger family called police several weeks ago after being alarmed by YouTube videos 'regarding suicide and the killing of people' that Rodger had been posting.

Police interviewed Rodger and found him to be a 'perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human,' but noted that he had few friends and no girlfriend, he added. Police did not find a history of guns.
I had the striking and devastating fear that someone had somehow discovered what I was planning to do, and reported me for it,' he wrote.

The 22-year-old expressed fear that officers would search his home and find his multiple firearms and writings outlining his plans, and stop him from exacting revenge n his 'enemies' by locking him up.

The officers, however, found the suspect ‘courteous and shy,’ and left.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638533/Police-THREE-contacts-Elliot-Rodger-Isla-Vista-shooting.html

Here is a hard truth gun grabbers refuse to accept.  I do not know the author of this quote but it sure fits.

Evil people exit. They always will. Some people are simply born broken. They want to rape, kill, hurt, or whatever.  You can prepare for them, look out for them, and do your best to be vigilant, but you cannot legislate them or counsel them to not be broken.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:21:52 PM by Hawkeye »

Sussex County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
Lively thread on DelawareLiberal.net:

http://www.delawareliberal.net/2014/05/25/sunday-open-thread-5-25-14/

Same as usual, ignore the facts, blame the gun, NRA etc.
Feel free to point them in the right direction.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:43:13 PM »
I have been watching the news articles about this incident closely looking to see how the news media and liberal establishment was going to find the right-wing boogeyman to blame for the shootings.  

One of the victim’s fathers sounded off about the NRA being partly to blame.  I sympathize with his grief but pointing the finger at the NRA is misguided. Apparently the new boogeyman is white privilege.  

In an article in the Daily Beast, James Poulos describes the shooter this way:

“He was a disgruntled, well-off white boy—so he fuels our arguments about privilege.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/26/alleged-santa-barbara-killer-elliot-rodger-and-the-twisted-cult-of-modern-masculinity.html#

Well off? Yes. White boy? Depends on your definition.  The shooter’s mother was Ong Li Chin who was born in Malaysia, a predominantly Muslim country with multiple ethnicities.  I do not know her religion was or which specific ethnic group she belonged to.  Suffice it to say that the shooter was of a mixed race, a Eurasian.

So here we have it, a half-white young man who grew up in comfortable surroundings, lacked for little as he was growing up, attended a prestigious prep school, had his college paid for and was not happy with things in general.  But enough about our President, let’s get back to the shooter.

As I have stated in my earlier posts, some people are just born broken, this shooter seems to be one of them.  You cannot fit him into a neat and defined pigeon hole that lets you use guilt by association to justify you blaming a whole category of others by your loosely fit definitions.  Sometimes the answers really are that simple, he was just a broken and evil person with no one to blame but himself.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:47:25 PM by Hawkeye »

Sussex County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 11:44:02 PM »
Well said.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.