Author Topic: My PA Non-Resident Carry was delined today.....  (Read 20669 times)

joep19934

• Life Member
My PA Non-Resident Carry was delined today.....
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
I went up to Lancaster today and applied for my non-resident Carry permit.
My outcome is as follows

OK the Good ------------   
They were all very friendly as everyone on here has said & metered parking was plentiful right around the corner.
Think I only dished out $2.25 for my stay !
I was allowed to leave $20 lighter but with no permit in hand and nothing around them at least   ::)  ??? -------> Explained below in the Bad !
It was a nice ride up on the Harley and stopped up on Route 40 to look at some new helmets.
I get my $20 back but the Secretary said it will take a while.

Ok the Bad
I didn't get my Non-Resident PA Carry - I was DECLINED as there was a Warrant Out for Arrest for someone with the same name as me ( They were arrested for a DUI in Philly ) that is all the info I got.... I have no idea where the license they used was issued the Officer didn't tell me.
The person working for the State of PA that was running my background flagged me and denied my application without verifying it was me - They Never looked at my Birth Date or asked for a photo or copy of my License from the person taking care of my application in the Sheriffs Office.
One of the Officers from Lancaster verified it wasn't me from the photo that was filed with the Arrest in Philly and also the person was 2 years older. Funny thing is it was the same Month & Day......
I'm suspecting Identity Theft but only for a Drivers License, I never had any banking or credit issues that I know of.
Anyway I know have to contest PA State for declining my application and it could takes weeks or months now to get this straightened out....
And here I am showing up with all the needed forms filled out and a copy of my DE drivers License and Carry permit who would have known  
I told the girls in the Office it wasn't a total loss if it happened as a Traffic stop it could have been worse and more inconvenient.
At least we all joked about it after it all happened and I don't blame anyone there it was there person at the State for not going the extra step.
I mean after all I told them do you really think I'd be there knowing I had a warrant out for my Arrest --- They laughed and said well we have seen other scenarios.  ;D
So now more paperwork for me  & it sucks being treated like a criminal when you are innocent ! ;)
I was detained for like 20-30 minutes until they found out I was who I claimed to be and that I was never arrested for a DUI in Philly PA wish I had known there was going to be an issue before going through all this !  ::)

I have been told on my PICS form the arrest of this other person was New Jersey and not Philly !

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:26:39 PM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: My PA Non-Resident Carry was delined today.....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:10:47 AM »
Bummer! No possibility that the sheriff will reconsider and issue the permit after investigating the circumstances?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:31:50 AM »
Bummer! No possibility that the sheriff will reconsider and issue the permit after investigating the circumstances?
I didn't speak to the Sheriff personally but the girls in the office told me I had to fill out the Challenge form and wait for a Waiver or whatever form that will be sent from PA State Police.
I was told it could take up to 2 weeks or  more to get the form back from the State Police.
Once I have that form I will be allowed to apply again for my Non-Resident Carry, I have more time off the begging of September if I get the Form sooner I may take a personal day and take a ride back up.
They know it was not me that was Arrested in Philly on a DUI but they said there was a procedure and I will abide by what they say.
NO WORRIES I'm sending out the form tomorrow priority  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:36:23 AM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:45:30 AM »
I wish I could say the Moral to this Story but in this case there is none.
It wasn't my Fault and not the Lancaster Sheriff's Office
It never fails with me I have the worst luck but my persistence makes up for it !

I WILL GET IT its a matter of when !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »
Better this way then being pulled over by a hot headed LEO who sees an arrest warrant and DUI when running your plates. A PITA for sure but at least you're more then likely to get it once you can reapply and this has been sorted out.

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
Better this way then being pulled over by a hot headed LEO who sees an arrest warrant and DUI when running your plates. A PITA for sure but at least you're more then likely to get it once you can reapply and this has been sorted out.

That's exactly what I told the girls in the Office and they were like OMG ! Yes you're better off at least now if you get pulled over tell them to call over here and we'll Vouch for you !
I thought that was awesome of them !
I will be back the paperwork is filed out and going priority mail within the hour ! I'll keep this up to date !
Just in case someone else has to go through this !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 01:55:15 PM »
Probably would be a good idea to carry copies of the paper work showing you are not the guy in the PA. DUI case, and keep the originals in a safe or lock box. I'd keep a copy in any and all vehicles you may be driving.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 08:59:32 PM »
Probably would be a good idea to carry copies of the paper work showing you are not the guy in the PA. DUI case, and keep the originals in a safe or lock box. I'd keep a copy in any and all vehicles you may be driving.
That's the funny thing I was never given anything on paper stating it wasn't me as of yet.
I'm not sure if its worth going over to Troop 3 and see if they can get involved in this.
I'm not sure if they can do anything or not  ??? ::) !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

robberbaron

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:09:16 AM »
I had a similar experience when I applied here in DE last year. The AG office called me and said I have a restraining order on me in New York. I said it was impossible, but they insisted there was someone with my name and exact birthday that had the blot on his record. 2 nerve wracking hours later, he called back and said they concluded it couldn't be me as logistically it would be impossible for me to be in 2 places at the same time. It just goes to show that computers have made this type of error more likely.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 12:23:30 AM »
When I first moved to DE and applied for a driver's license, the clerk at the DMV said, "No, you're revoked in New York."
Lucky for me, I took a look at the greenbar-paper printout on her desk... and pointed out that the revoked person -- with the same first & last name and middle initial -- had been born exactly ten years to the day before me.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
That's the funny thing I was never given anything on paper stating it wasn't me as of yet.
I'm not sure if its worth going over to Troop 3 and see if they can get involved in this.
I'm not sure if they can do anything or not  ??? ::) !
So sorry to see that you are going through this.  I know you will keep us all up to date on this. 

Obviously the PICS system in PA accesses a different data base than NICS or you might have had trouble when you go to buy a gun.

DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 03:41:04 AM »
For future reference:

The following site has links to various PA counties that post their arrest warrants online:

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Pennsylvania-Warrants.htm

In DE, all arrest warrants are published on the following official State site:
It even includes mug shots.

https://pubsrv.deljis.delaware.gov/WantedPublic/Default.aspx

Maybe I'm paranoid but I occasionally check my own name & my employees.
It might be useful to post these & other similar sites as a sticky for everyone's future reference.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
For future reference:

The following site has links to various PA counties that post their arrest warrants online:

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/Pennsylvania-Warrants.htm

In DE, all arrest warrants are published on the following official State site:
It even includes mug shots.

https://pubsrv.deljis.delaware.gov/WantedPublic/Default.aspx

Maybe I'm paranoid but I occasionally check my own name & my employees.
It might be useful to post these & other similar sites as a sticky for everyone's future reference.

Thanks for the Links but my paperwork was sent in to the PA State Police its up to them now to fix their screw-up...
It amazes me how some people hate their Jobs and just do minimum work to get by but others pay the price for their laziness!!!!
I'm patient to a point I will keep an on eye on the tracking number to make sure it was delivered ! 
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
Ok I just verified the Paperwork had been delivered !
Now the waiting game !
I'll keep everyone up to date !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
I received a letter from PA State Police today saying they need my finger prints to determine whether a person with a similar last name and date of birth is in fact me or not. The Arrest Records shows the State as New Jersey.
Um I know its not me but this is getting to be a pain in the @@@ now !

I would just say screw it and not bother but I think its best to clear this up so it doesn't lead to more problems down the road.
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits