Author Topic: Enemies of Freedom Running Unopposed (Deadline is July 8th)  (Read 6056 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
So far, no one is challenging the following anti 2A candidates in NCC:
Worst ones are highlighted.

If you live in one of these districts or know someone who does, please consider running.

Margaret Rose Henry
Robert I. Marshall (Has a primary challenger but I don't expect she would be any better)
Bryan Townsend
Charles Potter, Jr.
Stephanie T. Bolden
Helene M.Keeley
Melanie George Smith
Bryon H. Short
John L. Mitchell, Jr.
James Johnson
Michael Barbieri
Paul Baumbach
Edward S. Osienski
John A. Kowalko, Jr.
John Viola

Noon on Tuesday is the deadline.
You do not need the approval of your party to file.
Filing requires only a 1 page form & the filing fee (should take all of 10 minutes to fill out)
Link to form:  http://electionsncc.delaware.gov/candidates/cand_form.shtml
You can withdraw as late as Friday & get your filing fee back (should a better candidate emerge).

Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Etrier

Re: Enemies of Freedom Running Unopposed (Deadline is July 8th)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:26:22 AM »
Given that John Mitchell is unopposed so far for the November elections I finally decided that I should do something about it.  Delaware election law allows that when a race is unopposed either major party is permitted to nominate a candidate for the race with a dead line of September 1.  So I stopped in at the GOP Headquarters yesterday to see what it would take to secure their nomination for the 13th Representative District.  After I expressed my willingness to run against Representative Mitchell there was a short discussion regarding the amount of money needed to run.  The GOP estimate was 4 to 5 thousand of personal money and 30 to 50 thousand in fund raising would be needed for the race.  I indicated that I had intended to run on a much smaller budget.  We ended the conversation with their expressed intention to call me later in the day to discuss the nomination.  Still waiting on the phone call.  This morning I followed up with another polite email indicating my desire to be nominated and run in the November election.  Again, as of this evening no response to the email.

Maybe things move slowly in the political world but at this point I feel that the only way to ensure that someone will run in this race is to ask for help from the members of this forum.  If you know someone in the GOP who can help with the nomination please ask them to do so for me.  If you would like to write or make a phone call you can contact the GOP at 360 College Square Shopping Center, Newark, DE  19711 Phone 302 668-1954

Most important I feel that the race for the 13th District should not be run unopposed, but just think of the possibilities of replacing an anti-gun incumbent with a pro gun, pro 2nd amendment supporter.
Kydex Holster Maker

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
If you get in, I will make a donation to the campaign fund.

May 2013 I went to Dover to testify against his hi-capacity mag bill.
After I spoke I came down and shook his hand and said,
"I'm in your voting district".
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 12:55:05 PM »
I will donate to your campaign as well
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »
Count me in.

PM me if you need some help covering the filing fee.

If you don't get a reply from the GOP office, I suggest contacting Charlie Copeland directly.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 10:27:30 PM »
The biggest fear is that since NCC has the largest population over Kent & Sussex counties, this affects the whole state. And we all know how Liberal/Progressive most (but not all) NCC people are.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Etrier

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 02:17:58 AM »
Thank you for the offers of support.  My first priority is to get the nomination from the GOP.  I plan to contact as many of the current Republican Representatives and Senators as possible to enlist their assistance.  I will also ask for assistance from DSSA, Delaware Rifle & Pistol Club and many others to see if we can get the attention of the GOP leadership.  As of Friday evening no return calls or email from the GOP.
Kydex Holster Maker

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »

I did a little research on how much was spent in 2012. Most of the campaigns spent nowhere near the amounts suggested in your post.
Average for a State Rep seems to be $12K to $15K, most of which came from contributions. Some of the long timers do have large amounts available, however, most Reps do not.

All of this information is public & available at the following link:
https://cfrs.elections.delaware.gov/Public/ImageData

I downloaded one of "Larry" Mitchell's campaign finance reports from 2012:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12508970/16743%20Mitchell%20Finances.pdf

Please remind the GOP folks that every candidate is only one bad comment, one press article & one scandal away from loosing.
Without a name on the ballot, there is no chance of winning.

Etrier

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. It gives me a more realistic look at the financial end.  Next I need to relocate my info on the number of registered voters in the 13th District and the historical election data that shows what percentage of participation occurred in past elections.  From there we can determine how many votes will likely be needed to total 51% of the votes cast on election day.  My preference is to focus more on getting votes than fund raising. 
Kydex Holster Maker

Etrier

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »
One of the Delaware Representatives that I contacted was Jeff Spiegleman who made contact with John Fluharty at GOP Headquarters,  Representative Spiegleman says that I should hear from John Fluharty in a few days.  In the 2012 elections 7384 votes were cast.  It looks like 3766 to 4000 votes will be needed to succeed in the coming election.
Kydex Holster Maker