State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Breaking News: Washington DC carry

(1/2) > >>

Clarence:
DC Police chief forbids arrest of lawful carrying:

From Emily Miller:

Emily Miller is reporting via Twitter that as of this evening, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier has instructed her force not to arrest anyone legally able to carry a firearm. Many have said that the D.C. political establishment would ignore yesterday’s ruling in the Palmer v. DC case. At least for now. This shows that Chief Lanier is, at minimum, unwilling to be found in contempt. Note the broad extent of the order: no arrests of gun owners who can legally carry a gun in D.C. or any state. With 30 states having open carry without a permit, and over 11 million concealed carry permits valid in the United States, that’s a lot of people who may now legally carry in out nation’s capital. [Send your pistol packing in the capital pic to thetruthaboutguns@gmail.com

Anyone out there with a full tank of gas and a set of cojones ready to head down I-95 and give it a try?

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: Clarence on July 28, 2014, 02:52:29 PM ---DC Police chief forbids arrest of lawful carrying:
Anyone out there with a full tank of gas and a set of cojones ready to head down I-95 and give it a try?

--- End quote ---
I guess we'll never know: Moosie is out of town.

lynch:
Ya gotta ride through maryland to get there..... :-\

oldgraygeek:

--- Quote from: lynch on July 29, 2014, 12:22:58 AM ---Ya gotta ride through maryland to get there..... :-\

--- End quote ---

I hate Maryland, but the "long way around" would take way too long.

groundgrid:
The following is a link to the official document that bears the signature of Chief Lanier:

http://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mpdc/release_content/attachments/07-138-14.pdf

Note that this document is posted directly on the MPD web site.

It appears very clear, having a concealed carry permit from ANY state now allows carry within the district.
IMO anyone going there armed should carry a copy of this document with them.

Has anyone considered chartering a bus for a day trip to the NRA range combined with a sightseeing excursion through the district?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version