State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Carry a concealed weapon into a bank?

(1/3) > >>

MarkB:
This article appeared today on Bankrate.com.  Overall it is anti-gun but ends on a true position.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/banking/carry-concealed-weapon-into-bank.aspx?ec_id=cmct_01_comm_PF_image_headline

Cbmarine:
IMO, the misperception of the article is contained in this quote (emphasis added).  The author assumes that the CC won't wait for an active shooter situation and will fire away under every robbery scenarion, i.e., every CC is a cowboy. The quote is muddled; the last sentence indicates that even with an active shooter the best answer is to just get shot. The concept of a deterrent is also missing in the article. I do agree that untrained CCs can be a problem.

"The reason they're armed is that their intent is to fight back," she says. "If you're next to the guy who pulls out that gun, it changes the dynamics of the situation. If there is any resistance (during a robbery), you are much more likely to be injured. The most active resistance you can have is returning gunfire."

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/banking/carry-concealed-weapon-into-bank.aspx#ixzz38x3a3shB
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

SturmRugerSR9:
The article also says that, the State of Montana is the only state with a law prohibiting CC in a bank. And again, concealed means concealed with a legal permit. I carry in a bank often and never have had a "incidence" of being questioned about it.

Clarence:
Funny too that they fixated on Montana not allowing concealed carry in a bank.  Open carry in a bank is perfectly legal in Montana

I just love how everyone thinks they are special.  Oh my! Can't allow carry in a bank!

Well going to or from a bank to me is a prime place that a thug may decide to attack.  Bank carry is a no brainer. 

oldgraygeek:
I carry into banks... unless they have an "airlock" like the Citizens Bank on Route 4 near the ShopRite.
I figure, if the metal detector goes off, I might end up stuck in there... not a crime, but I wouldn't look forward to explaining myself to the responding LEOs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version