Author Topic: Glock Armorer Course  (Read 9698 times)

del elec

• Life Member
Glock Armorer Course
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
Heading up to Coatesville, PA on the 14th for a 8 hour Glock Armorer Course. Really looking forward to hanging out with some LE folks and learning more about the firearm that I carry!  :D
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

SteveMiller

Re: Glock Armorer Course
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »
It would be interesting to know what they do for 8 hours.  Glocks are pretty simple so yhry must get into a lot of detail. 
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:08:26 AM »
When first looking at the schedule ya scoff and think.. 8 frikken hours! Then read it again and think about it. Easy 8 hours! Enjoy the course..  :)

I never got onto the whole Glock thing. They look about as good as a High-Point IMO. ;) Aside from the looks, I really didn't like the grip, its angle or the way they shot. I'd never say anything bad about them because, well I can't and I know better. Now if there was a local Walther Armorer's course.. :) I've entirely stripped my PPQ down (yes, much past the field take down stage) and there is a bit more to it then most people think. ;D Even something as simple as changing sights can be problematic if a special tool is needed, such as pressed in sights.

SteveMiller... Per the PDF...

AC – ARMORER’S COURSE
Cost - $195.00 US Length – 8 Hrs (1 Day) Class Hrs – 8am to 5pm Certification – 3 Yrs
*Student supplies safety glasses for eye protection and a small flashlight.
*GLOCK provides lunch meal unless otherwise noted.
*Certified Armorer Certification for all GLOCK Model Pistols (except G18/C Select-Fire models).

Morning (8:00 – 12:00)
•Introduction
•Safety Rules
•Safe Action System Design
•Function of Safeties
•Unloading & Clearing
•Field Stripping & Reassembly
•Detail Disassembly & Reassembly of Slide

Lunch Break
Afternoon (1:00 – 5:00)
•Detail Disassembly & Reassembly of Receiver
•Fire Control Component Configurations / Engagement
•Multiple Practice Disassembly & Reassembly of Entire Pistol
•Options / Alternate Parts Offered
•Sights / Tools
•Diagnostics / Trouble Shooting Guides
•Review
•Written Examination (Minimum Required Score80%)
•Class Completion & Farewell

NOTE: This is a generic agenda and may be altered somewhat by the Instructor.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:43:22 PM »
  Got to spend the day with a great group of LE guys and firearms dealers on Thursday. Also had 2 great reps from Glock handling the instruction. I highly recommend this course for any Glock owner, especially those who carry every day. They really drove home the importance of keeping your carry weapon stock, especially if you're involved in a shooting. Plus as a Glock Armorer you   can order parts directly from Glock.  :)
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
Please amplify "keeping your carry weapon stock".  Obviously don't use a 3.5 lb connector but what else? Night sights?
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
Not so much the sights but changing the internal works. Also refers to installing after-market parts.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:16:36 PM by del elec »
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Rfscanner

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 03:35:44 PM »
How about the polishing of any trigger parts? how about after market slide lock/slide release? Magazine extensions? 
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »
Just remember the prosecutor can argue anything. You move from a plastic guide rod to a metal one with reduced recoil, lighter springs, polishing internals, light match trigger, etc. They will attack it. Anything you do to make it a better firearm makes it a more deadly killing tool in court.

I carry the PPQ 9mm most of the time and the trigger is hands down the best stock trigger in any poly/plastic handgun currently available right out of the box. A couple hundred rounds through it and its amazing. Very little recoil but reduction systems are available. The only thing I changed were the stock 3-dot sights for a set of Meprolight night sights.