Author Topic: New Jersey seeks to jail and criminalize mom  (Read 6788 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
New Jersey seeks to jail and criminalize mom
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:07:55 PM »
http://www.my9nj.com/story/25996007/nj-gun-permit-problems

Here is a story that should be shouted to the housetops.  Even the liberals will see this as an injustice.

The cops, judges, prosecutors and politicians in the Garden State should hang their heads in shame.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: New Jersey seeks to jail and criminalize mom
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:35:21 PM »
And here I thought the reason for court appearances was to differentiate between criminal acts and policy problems.  The judge has no discretion in this case!  Wow!  This is why I can't spend a dime in Jersey.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »
Either the family member who suggested that she get an LTCF didn't tell her to learn the gun laws or she didn't listen. IMO, PA does a disservice by not requiring any knowledge or proficiency.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »
Honorable intentions aside, the woman should have found out about the NJ gun laws (all 10 million of them) before she carried outside of PA.
I hope the outcome turns out better than it looks likely to be.
But she should have known.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:29:35 AM »
Either the family member who suggested that she get an LTCF didn't tell her to learn the gun laws or she didn't listen. IMO, PA does a disservice by not requiring any knowledge or proficiency.
I wholeheartedly agree that training is great. I for one learned much in my CCW training and I have been shooting for more than 40 years.
I do not however see a lot of problems in states that require no license or training such as Vermont or Alaska. 

Requiring training by law to me does a disservice to our God given right to self preservation.

People need to be held accountable for their own actions. 

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Honorable intentions aside, the woman should have found out about the NJ gun laws (all 10 million of them) before she carried outside of PA.
I hope the outcome turns out better than it looks likely to be.
But she should have known.
Agree that she should know the laws.  

However unlike users of this board, a lot of folks are not as savvy about such things.  They merely want the means to defend themselves and obviously in this case are very naive

In her case according to the reports she did take a class.  This of course would not be required in Pennsylvania. 

Looking at the situation, a decent cop would have told her in no uncertain terms to get back over that bridge and don't EVER come back with a gun.

I am quite sure this happens on occasion.  Of course we would never hear about it.
I know officers that think like that.  

I think a warning in this case would have been sufficient.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:56:52 PM by Clarence »

robberbaron

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »
Ignorance of the law is not a good defense, but this shows how complicated it can be. I live less than 30 minutes from 3 other states, and I can't tell you what their policy is for requiring wipers on when it is raining or hogging the left lane. My point is it is time to have a national law for concealed carry. After all, the 2nd Amendment is federal.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
So many wrongs here. One of which is mandatory minimums. I do agree with and support a national carry law for those who have permits. A state drivers permit is recognized nationally and a carry permit should be as well.

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »
I (as I'm sure many on this forum) would love to see a National Carry Act. I do not disagree with some kind of training. We all know there are some people that should not be carrying. I would not want to be around someone that has to defend themselves if they can't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 feet away. Yes, it is a constitutional right, but I do agree with the training aspect!! Either come up with a national reciprocity, or a national CCW license.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

SteveMiller

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 02:03:32 AM »
Evan Nappen is on the case now and thinks he can probably get NJ to drop the charges if she agrees to some type of probation program.  One of the things he said was the handgun charges usually get dropped for most criminals and then they can get a reduced sentence for the remaining charges.  The problem is when a generally law abiding gets caught up in a possession case in NJ because there aren't any lessor charges to drop and the possession charge carries a minimum.  Therefor the generally law abiding citizen does more time than the criminal.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Clarence

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
What an outrage. I'm sure the prosecutor will try to stack the jury with 12 retired government workers and others who live at the public trough.

I hope this case can be brought before Congress as an example for hearings on national reciprocity.

We all need to support this poor woman.

Where is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on this one?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:15:07 AM by Clarence »