Author Topic: Anyone have a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard or Ruger LCP or Kahr CW380ACP- Review?  (Read 9882 times)

joep19934

• Life Member
I have come into some extra $$$$ and may purchase a .380 as a pocket carry gun.
Does anyone carry a .380 if so what model and why do you like it.
I know there are several good ones out are & not so good ones.
Thanks for your feedback....
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:29:49 PM by joep19934 »
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

SteveMiller

LCP.  It works well at doing exactly what it was designed for - disappears and feeds reliable.  I would buy it again.  I like Kahr's in general, but I don't like the bulk of the takedown/slide stop.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

MarkB

• Life Member
I have a Kahr P380 which is similar to the CW380.  I find it is very easy to conceal in my pocket.  Keep in mind that the Kahr is different from other triggers.  It is a long and very smooth pull.  

Any of these small pistols can have some problems due to the small size and a tight fit (Kahrs).  There are several forums dedicated to the different guns where you can go to get info and answers to your questions such as Kahrtalk.com.

You may want to go to a lgs and try on each to see which fits you best.  Try the trigger pulls for a complete picture.

9/2 - Another pistol you may want to consider is the Sig Sauer P238.  It is a 1911 style that runs about $550 to $700+ depending on the model and features.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:20:06 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Adrenolin

• Life Member
We have 2 LCP380s and they both function fine. I've put close to 500 rounds through one and about 1/2 that through the other. From here on neither well get much range time aside from a mag now and then. Not fun to shoot due to the small size and almost no weight. They do disappear very easily into just about any pocket.

They are for closeup self defense or a backup and extremely concealable. Sights suck but again.. you're more likely to point 'n shoot with this type of firearm if ever needed.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Sights suck but again.. you're more likely to point 'n shoot with this type of firearm if ever needed.

3 drops if fingernail polish works.  (use a tooth pick)
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

JKRight

I have the Sig P238.  In a Remora holster, it is about the size of a wallet in my pocket.  I usually carry a 1911 IWB, so the controls are the same.  I think it is more expensive then the other fine pistols mentioned, but I highly recommend it.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Meant to mention above.... If you are not looking to stay as small as the LCP but a tad larger I'd highly recommend the Walther PPS. Wife daily carries it as do I now and then. Easy to shoot and increadably accurate for its size. It does have a bit of heft. Its a quality handgun and almost feels like its metal due to its solid build. It's still poly though. Just another option. Same as the Sig.. Its a touch more being in the $500 or so range new.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
I've been carrying the Sig Sauer P232 in a pocket holster for four years. It's a little larger than the LCP, but still a small gun. Never had any problems with it. Also plenty of used P230's and P232's on Gunbroker. P232 is an upgrade to the P230. Good luck
New Castle County

lynch

• Life Member
M&P Bodyguard .380. It's almost identical to the S&W Bodyguard but doesn't have the laser sight.
It's actually heavier than the BG but I'm talking 12 oz vs 11.8 oz.
I carry it in a cheap Uncle Mikes iwb holster appendix style.
Shoots and aims fine for what it is; A close-range self-defense pocket pistol with a longish trigger pull.
I like it for summer carry. Would make a good ankle carry gun if you were so inclined.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

kent

The LCP with a Hogue Hybrid Grip and Crimson Trace laser sight (LG431). You won't regret the Hogue grip.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Just Bill

• Life Member
I have the S&W bodyguard .38.  Small, light, but a lot of punch in the .38+P.  I don't like the "little" semi's, to small even for my small hand.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
I purchased a Ruger LCP in Aug.of 2008. I fire it everyother month and usually shoot 15rds. As of this time I have never had a malfunction in this weapon. This weapon is used as a BUG only. I shoot Speer Lawman at the range and Hornady Critical Defense for carry. I would not carrying this weapon as a prime carry but as a BUG it really works for me. Remember to carry with whatever you feel confident with.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

joep19934

• Life Member
I'm leaning more to a Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm or XD9
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits

seniorgeek

• Life Member
I carry a S&W M&P Shield and have been very pleased with it. I have practiced IDPA, Defensive Pistol, and general safe defense strategies.
Oh, one more thing, my Crossbreed Super Tuck or Mini Tuck are the best holsters for the Shield. I use both depending on what I am wearing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

joep19934

• Life Member
I just got an email about a Taurus PT111 going for $239.99  :o
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/taurus-pt111-gen2-9mm-1-111031g2-12.html?utm_source=CLEARANCE%3A+Taurus+PT111+G2+%24239.99+%26+Taurus+Model+66+.357+%24379.99&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email
I'm so tempted as it got pretty good reviews from what I could find.
hmmmmmmmm  ???  ::)
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits