State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Panera Bread - unless a LEO, leave your guns at home

(1/3) > >>

Cbmarine:
"Panera was "respectfully requesting" customers to leave their firearms at home, but will continue to follow state and local firearms laws." USA Today.  Not likely to work well in DE where OC is legal. We were at Panera two days ago; won't be one of my choices now. Another Gun Free Zone!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/09/08/panera-bread-ceo-dont-bring-your-guns-into-our-restaurants/
Bakery-cafe chain Panera Bread has joined a growing list of retailers including Starbucks SBUX and Target TGT  by announcing that customers should leave their guns at home.

The 1,800-outlet, $4.2 billion (market cap) company issued a brief statement on Monday after CEO Ron Shaich spoke to CNBC about the decision:

Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth. This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer. Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates.

lynch:
Attention thieves and holdup artists:
Please remember that we've told our paying customers to leave their guns home so you will feel the warmth when you rob us!

Hawkeye:
This seems a bit ambiguous to me. “Should” does not mean “must.” They seem to be joining the others who are trying to straddle the fence and not p1ss off either camp.

Lumspond:
As in every other case, I consider this to not to apply to me. Panera employees will never know I have a pistol, as it's concealed, permitted, and within the law.

Obleo:
It's not a stretch to assume they simply don't want the zombie killers coming in with black rifles.  Concealed is fine with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version