State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Panera Bread - unless a LEO, leave your guns at home

<< < (2/3) > >>

ThePixelated:

--- Quote from: Cbmarine on September 09, 2014, 12:29:11 PM ---"Panera was "respectfully requesting" customers to leave their firearms at home, but will continue to follow state and local firearms laws." USA Today.  Not likely to work well in DE where OC is legal. We were at Panera two days ago; won't be one of my choices now. Another Gun Free Zone!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2014/09/08/panera-bread-ceo-dont-bring-your-guns-into-our-restaurants/
Bakery-cafe chain Panera Bread has joined a growing list of retailers including Starbucks SBUX and Target TGT  by announcing that customers should leave their guns at home.

The 1,800-outlet, $4.2 billion (market cap) company issued a brief statement on Monday after CEO Ron Shaich spoke to CNBC about the decision:

Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth. This warmth means bakery-cafes where customers and associates feel comfortable and welcome. To this end, we ask that guns not be brought into this environment unless carried by an authorized law enforcement officer. Panera respects the rights of gun owners, but asks our customers to help preserve the environment we are working to create for our guests and associates.

--- End quote ---

They can "respectfully request" whatever they want, like Chipotle and Target, but concealed carry means concealed. I still CCW in Target, Chipotle, Panera, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory and wherever...

People have been saying, more or less, "my Constitutional rights trump your imaginary rights to feel safe".

SturmRugerSR9:
To the best of my knowledge there are only 2 Panera's in Delaware(per Panera Locations website). 1 in Newark, and 1 in Rehoboth.  Being from K/C, I have little to no reason to go to Newark or NCC(Liberalville) if I can help it.. I am not a "beach person" so that leaves out Rehoboth. I am 70 years old and never had a Panera bread and just might make it to the end without one. Or at least I'm going to try.

Clarence:
Funny thing though. The last open carry that I saw was in the Panera on Kirkwood highway

Lumspond:
Many Panera's. Two on Concord pike, one on Kirkwood highway, one at Christiana, one in Newark, etc
Regardless...

Condition 1:
Not an issue for CCW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version