Author Topic: Can anyone sell guns online in Delaware???????  (Read 11953 times)

Jaclyn

Can anyone sell guns online in Delaware???????
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:48:11 AM »
Hello everyone

My name is Jackie and I live in Delaware I have a few shot guns I would like to sell on line do I need some kind of permit or is it legal to sell guns???

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Can anyone sell guns online in Delaware???????
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »
If you're wondering about the advertising itself, then yes.. it's legal.  You'll have to have a licensed FFL do the transfer paperwork for you unless you dont plan on doing the paperwork. 

There are several folks on this forum who either work at or own their own shop who could confirm this.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:23:14 AM »
Individuals can transfer to other individuals without doing the paperwork, nor do they need to actually have the paperwork done.  It's not a bad idea to have the paperwork done, as it time-stamps the transfer -- but it is not necessary.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:14:03 AM »
Good point, CorBon.  I guess I've just gotten into the thought process that if I sell a firearm to anyone there's going to be paper work involved so I can prove it's not mine any longer!
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Blue Hen Firearms

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:08:15 PM »
Jackie,  yes you can sell your guns yourself, but here is a few words of advice. If you plan on selling on gunbroker or one of the other auction sites you will need to ship the gun to a FFL holder. I would suggest that you notify the buyers that you do not have an FFL. Some gun stores will not recieve a gun from a non licensee, only from another FFL. Most will but just a heads up. If you sell it to a resident in your state you are not required to do any paperwork but like Corbon said it is a good idea, especially if you do not know the person.
NRA Business Alliance Member

gun nut

• Life Member
  • this is my rifle and here is a pistol....
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
With doing the transfer paperwork your FFL will do a background on the buyer so like blue hen and corbon have stated this is good if you don't know the person. Also in doing the paperwork it starts a paper trail.
Gun control is hitting your target