Author Topic: No New Reciprocity Agreements  (Read 4525 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
No New Reciprocity Agreements
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
Based on the following, looks to me like the AG office is not following the law.  Maybe just not a priority to them but I am not seeing any new agreements for quite a while and it looks like that are required to do so if the states are not giving licenses to felons.  

From title 11 section 1441 of the Delaware Code:

[(j) 

Notwithstanding any other provision of this Code to the contrary, the State of Delaware shall give full faith and credit and shall otherwise honor and give full force and effect to all licenses/permits issued to the citizens of other states where those issuing states also give full faith and credit and otherwise honor the licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section and where those licenses/permits are issued by authority pursuant to state law and which afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware. For the purpose of this subsection "reasonably similar" does not preclude alternative or differing provisions nor a different source and process by which eligibility is determined. Notwithstanding the forgoing, if there is evidence of a pattern of issuing licenses/permits to convicted felons in another state, the Attorney General shall not include that state under the exception contained in this subsection even if the law of that state is determined to be "reasonably similar." The Attorney General shall communicate the provisions of this section to the Attorneys General of the several states and shall determine those states whose licensing/permit systems qualify for recognition under this section. The Attorney General shall publish on January 15 of each year a list of all States which have qualified for reciprocity under this subsection. Such list shall be valid for one year and any removal of a State from the list shall not occur without 1 year's notice of such impending removal. Such list shall be made readily available to all State and local law-enforcement agencies within the State as well as to all then-current holders of licenses issued by the State of Delaware pursuant to this section.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:12:17 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: No New Reciprocity Agreements
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »
Also important to know, from the Att. Gen. Office:

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
Also important to know, from the Att. Gen. Office:

http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealedweapons.shtml
Yes. And this has not been updated in years. The only change I remember in the last 4 or 5 years is to remove Virginia because they allow on line training. The January 15th updates that the law requires have not been done even though many state seem to have "reasonably similar" rules and many more states now recognize Delaware but we are not recognizing them.  Nevada and Minnesota being the latest examples.

According to the 50 State Carry app that I use, we recognize 18 states and 30 recognize us. 

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 12:06:15 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 12:39:12 PM »
The fact that this has not been changed, means there has been no change. This is from the Attorney Generals office and it is the official stance(sorry to say) for the state of Delaware. If your "app" says different, It could get you in trouble. The AG's office is the determining factor, and issue authority.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 05:28:27 PM »
Handgunlaw.us has reservations about the veracity of the AG's website.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/delaware.pdf
Notice: Over the years the Delaware Attorney General has listed states on their website that they actually didn’t honor or stating there was a reciprocity agreement when one didn’t exist. Use caution when reading anything on the DE Attorney General’s website as it has listed inaccurate information over the years when it comes to who they honor and who honors them.

IMO, the list of States recognized by DE has less impact on me than the list of States recognize DE, PA, UT et al.  Kinda wish SC would recognize DE.  Of course, the neighboring Peoples Republics would be far better but, aside from national carry, that reciprocity is just a fleeting fantasy.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.