Author Topic: Handgunlaw.us Draft of Long Guns in Vehicles  (Read 3138 times)

Gary Slider

Handgunlaw.us Draft of Long Guns in Vehicles
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
Things have been going much better than I ever imagined. Thanks to everyone who has given me feedback. It has really helped! This is all still  in draft form. I will say that I caused some lively debate on some state forums. Information was exchanged and laws discussed and in some cases there was no clear answer.  Some depended on what the definition of “IS” is!  Had to throw that “Is” in there as some laws are so hard to understand and even read. It just showed how out of touch some lawmakers are/were when writing gun laws.
I have reworked the first page trying to explain that people need to look at Places off Limits etc on each States Page at www.handgunlaw.us. Plus other information they need to be aware of. I have also made the states name on each section a link to that States Page at Handgunlaw.us so they can access it easily.

The states I have information for still need looked at by others and feedback on what may need added or removed would be greatly appreciated. The biggest problem is that if there is no law against something it is legal. Laws are so varied and spread out in the Statutes/Administrative Rules and Hunting Regulations it can be tough to find some of them. Then if there is not a law against it you can search forever and there is nothing to find. I have been cautious on some state entries. I just don’t have enough information and don’t want to get someone arrested and maybe lose their gun rights. That is where your feedback can assist me. Then we get to the Catch 22 again as there may be no law against it so you can’t show a statute/Rule Etc that states it is legal!

Below is a link to the latest Draft. Again feedback is most welcome! This is the same link to the first Draft Document. I just updated it. Thanks again to everyone who has assisted me. It is very much appreciated!
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/LongGunDraftDocument.pdf
Stay Safe,
Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Handgunlaw.us Draft of Long Guns in Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:19 AM »
Hi Gary,

I thought I had seen a page with links at one point however seem to be missing it now.

Have you thought of adding links from either each state page, or a singular page, to each of the state carry forums? It might be helpful if say anyone was traveling through a number of states who had additional questions. They could click the link and arrive at deccw.com or deloc.org depending on which better served their purpose to ask further questions.

Cheers

Gary Slider

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:58:10 PM »
There is a link in the left column at www.handgunlaw.us main page  that lists State RKBA's Orgs and another for State Specific Forums. 
Stay Safe,
Gary Sliderf
Stay Safe,
Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
Thanks.. Ya know I looked for 20 minutes the other night  ::)