State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Outrageous Police Behavior

(1/3) > >>

Clarence:
While I normally support the police as they have a tough job and most all deserve our respect, the brass who dreamed up this ghoulish policy deserve our contempt.

This should show us all where registration will lead.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/buffalo-ny-police-blasted-for-gun-confiscations-from-grieving-families/#axzz3J8gzBYZt

Shame on them!  They dishonor the badge they wear.

Hawkeye:
They are taking Charlton Heston's words a little too literally.  This is shameful, I have no words to describe this.

SturmRugerSR9:
Let's look at this in a different light. Suppose a person dies and all of their estate (Including a gun or guns) is left to a son or daughter that is either mentally ill or has a criminal record. Under these conditions, the person inheriting the guns could not legally own them. So confiscation on that bases may be a good thing.
But, in general, I think this policy stinks as a blanket policy.
I may be an alternative to have the person inheriting the gun to go through the same steps as someone buying a gun at a gun store, according to that states existing gun laws. If they pass the requirements, give them the gun.
Just seems like common logic to me.

Hawkeye:
Sturm, I think that is the responsibility of the family. I know of a recent case where a relative's grandfather passed away leaving several heirloom shotguns behind.  Knowing that there were questionable relatives who should not get their hands on the guns the grandson confiscated them until the family had a chance to grieve and come to a sensible conclusion as to who should get them.

There are too many variables. My wife's guns are in the same safe as mine. My son has a couple in their as well. More than one of my guns I received from other family members. How are the police going to sort all this out?  They do not know what is mine and what isn't. (of course I do not live in Buffalo so all this is speculative)  Next they will be confiscating cars because someone in the family might have a DUI.

demark04:
My family lives right outside Buffalo. My father passed away in march, and the LEO's took every firearm he had. I had to jump through hoops to get them back. And because it is NY. I had to go through the transfer process through FFL's to get his. 380 transferred to me. Many thanks to Chris at Federal Firearms. I was so P#ssed I had to cut through so much red tape, even to get his long guns back. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version