Author Topic: Springfield Armory XD Mod.2  (Read 8974 times)

VWpilot

Springfield Armory XD Mod.2
« on: November 20, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
Hello all, XRing received one of these pistols yesterday. I work there, and 4 of us employees had a discussion of all the supposed new key features and benefits of this pistol. We tossed around some pros and cons we each had for the pistol. Wanted to ask you all for your thoughts, opinions, etc. (Full disclosure, no one at XRing asked me to post this, I'm asking on my own accord) Thank you. Stay safe ~ Rob.
NRA Life Member

I prefer to be an armed survivor rather than an obedient corpse.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Springfield Armory XD Mod.2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:35:17 PM »
Pros and cons are for the most part entirely individual preferences. To me it's simply another option for those who like its options and for those who just need to have another handgun in the XD lineup. Personally I prefer the Walther PPQ Classic with the paddle mag release. Very few other handguns come near its function for my purpose as a defensive handgun. It's closest would be the PPS if I want something a bit smaller.

The great things about firearms in this day and age if you can't find something you like there is something wrong with you. :) Manufacturers have catered to darn near every pro/con/wish one could imagine.

Zallith

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »
After looking at it, specifically the magazine release. I'd be very tempted to buy one if they made one in 10mm. Looks from the pictures like it would eliminate the tendency of a crossbreed type holster from dumping the magazine while sitting. 

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:47:37 PM »
...I'd be very tempted to buy one if they made one in 10mm. 

That's a sentence I use several times per month.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

sdh6k

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
Ordered one (.40 S&W, BiTone)  from Chris on Friday and picked it up yesterday and straight to Shooters Choice to run a few through it. Chris is top notch!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:52:34 AM by sdh6k »

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »
thank you sir...appreciate the kind words...It was a pleasure meeting you..

Five.Slow

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
The Mod.2 will be my next purchase.  I love my xds but I like the idea of the double stack.  I'm just trying to decide between 9,.40, or .45 right now. 

lems902

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 03:48:06 AM »
Yep - the Mod.2 also tops my list for my next purchase.  ALL of the reviews I have read and watched seems to pretty consistently be strongly positive!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits