Author Topic: Rossi r851 timing  (Read 13462 times)

lynch

• Life Member
Rossi r851 timing
« on: December 01, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »
 I have a Rossi r851 38sp that the timing is off on. I was wondering if it's just cheaper to have a local gunsmith repair it?
I have a return all set up with Rossi but the shipping is very expensive. UPS was $76 overnight and Rossi offered to sell me a shipping label for $50+.
From what I have read, it's usually the "hand" that is the culprit and they don't seem to be available online.
I'm in lower DE if anybody knows a good place to take it.
Thanks
lynch
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Re: Rossi r851 timing
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
If you would like to get it to me i can have my gunsmith look at it for you.....or if you choose to ship it I can use my discount to ship for you it will be cheaper than those rates...

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but you're located up near Summit (I believe) and I'm in Milford and the timing just would not work.
I do still want to visit your shop sometime when I have the chance. And again, thank you. :)
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:43:18 AM »
Update:
 I found a place in Lewes that is going to take care of this for me. Thanks again for the offer.
Are you going to be open between the 25th and New Years day? I may be in the area during that time.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:39:24 AM »
There is a gunsmith in Ellendale that has a rep of being very good with S&W. I am sure a smith with knowledge of S&W can do Taurus. I do not have a name or telephone number. My UPS driver knows him. I will track down my UPS driver and get back to you. I have also heard good things about Paul's Gunsmith Service in Camden. 302-284-3772
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:56 AM »
Thanks for the info, Capt. I dropped the gun off at Hopkin's on Saturday.
They're going to send it off to Rossi most likely.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »
Lynch, sorry I could not get back to you sooner. I finally got a hold of my UPS (United Pistol Supply) driver, Dave H. Dave relayed this info on this gentleman. The man operates under, Annis Arms (Dale Annis) Ellendale,DE 302-853-0584 and he is qualified as a S&W revolver smith. Email/ annisarms@comcast.net. I myself will keep this info because I live between Ellendale and Milford. I own several S&W revolvers that could need some attention in the future. If had a Taurus I would rather use someone else than use Taurus Service. There has been much too much bad talk about their customer service. I hope you get your weapon taken care of. Merry Christmas to you and your family.   
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

lynch

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Capt.
Thank you very much for that info. I hope the Taurus/Rossi/Braztech service has improved.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
Hopefully their service has improved. I have a rifle I need to ship back to them.. Again. Thankfully shipping charges on rifles are not what they are for handguns.  ;D