Author Topic: Renewal time, 2015!  (Read 1893 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Renewal time, 2015!
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
My DE CCDW permit and my PA LTCF both expire in 2015, the latter in mid-August.
I'm planning to be at the Prothonotary's office at 8:30 AM this Friday the 2nd... if I didn't have to rush home and log into work, I'd be suggesting a breakfast meet-up.

Who else is renewing their DE permit this year?
More important, has anyone with a PA LTCF from another county (mine is from Centre County) renewed at Lancaster yet? I'm hoping that will work, so I don't end up driving to State College.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Re: Renewal time, 2015!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 03:02:13 AM »
When you get a Lancaster permit, it will not be considered a renewal.  It doesn't really matter, though.  If you mention that you already have another PA non-res, they'll gladly point out that you're not renewing that permit, because you're considered a new applicant. 

I was just in Lancaster this afternoon.  30 was packed, probably with gift-card-laden shoppers enjoying 60+ degree weather.  When you go to the courthouse, though, you're biggest problem is just finding a parking space.  You can do on-street, but you'll never know how long that you will be there.   When I was there earlier this year,  I parked in a garage about two blocks before the courthouse. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: Renewal time, 2015!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
It will not be a renewal. It's a new issue since it's not Center Co.
At least that's what I was told when I did mine.
Berks, Bucks, or Lancaster County you're in and out in 20 minutes.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.