Author Topic: Town of Lewes prepairing to go "Gun Free Zone"  (Read 6901 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Town of Lewes prepairing to go "Gun Free Zone"
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
I see the town of Lewes is preparing to make it's town h all and municipal buildings "Gun Free Zones". They are just waiting on Lefty Markell to sign the State law giving them that right. I guess they didn't see how that worked out in Chattanooga, TN. at the recruiter station. It actually made them a target, because it was a 'Gun Free Zone". All of the attacks by terrorist and mentally ill have happened in "Gun Free Zones".  Lewes has become a Lefty Liberal haven.
Looks like Lewes would be a good place to avoid if this goes through.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

del elec

• Life Member
Re: Town of Lewes prepairing to go "Gun Free Zone"
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:58:28 PM »
According to the law, they are required to exempt CCW carriers. Looks like it is targeting open carry.

An ordinance adopted by the municipal government shall not prevent the following in municipal buildings or police stations: (1) possession of firearms, components of firearms, and ammunition or explosives by law enforcement officers; (2) law enforcement agencies receiving shipments or delivery of firearms, components of firearms, ammunition or explosives; (3) law enforcement agencies conducting firearms safety and training programs; (4) law enforcement agencies from conducting firearm or ammunition public safety programs, donation, amnesty, or any other similar programs in police stations or municipal buildings; (5) compliance by persons subject to protection from abuse court orders; (6) carrying firearms and ammunition by persons who hold a valid license pursuant to either § 1441 or §1441A of Title 11 of this Code so long as the firearm remains concealed except for inadvertent display or for self-defense or defense of others; (7) officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry a concealed firearm; or (8) agents, messengers and other employees of common carriers, banks, or business firms, whose duties require them to protect moneys, valuables and other property and are engaged in the lawful execution of such duties.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
The news report I saw on WBOC said that only "open carry" would be banned.  The Lewes official specifically said that concealed carry with a permit (duh!) would still be allowed.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
SturmRuger the whole @@@@ state is now a liberal stronghold. You can now expect anything to attack our 2nd Amend rights. The State of DE is down the tubes and I am working to get the hell out. After the shooting in TN you can be sure there will anti-gun and mag capacity issues. Remember the liberal saying about not letting a tragedy go to waste.   
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
Retcapt1994,
I would love to move out myself, but I've been here for over 50 years and am over 70, so I'm screwed.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 12:40:10 AM »
SturmRuger, I have lived here for 21 years and when I moved here things were good. The Dems and Repubs worked together until the lefty libs took control of the Demorat party and the State of DE. I just turned 73yrs old and that is not going to stop me from making what life I have better. The entire north east is down the tubes because liberal control.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

The Sphinx

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 02:27:12 AM »
I moved here 5 months ago from Maryland. I'm much happier with the gun laws here obviously. But we know NCC gets what they want and they will continue to chip away at our rights. I plan to move to Tennessee in a few years.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
Sphinx,
I was born and raised in MD. Left when I was 18. Never had any desire to move back. Except from the crabbing and fishing I don't miss a thing.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Paladin4CA

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 03:31:14 AM »
How can this be?  ???

I was assured that you guys "fly under the radar"....
This comes up a bunch in one form or another.  OldGrey said it best:  We fly under the radar and that's a good thing.
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

The Sphinx

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 05:49:50 PM »
Sphinx,
I was born and raised in MD. Left when I was 18. Never had any desire to move back. Except from the crabbing and fishing I don't miss a thing.

Agreed. I moved here to help with my job but the taxes and gun laws are a huge bonus. I mean I waited years to have a home state carry permit. I'm very happy

Tandem

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:29 PM »
Good update in today's News Journal.  Sounds like law is poorly worded and local police chief has refused to enforce it.  Looks like it will be on the August 10 City Council meeting agenda.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder