Author Topic: What has been accomplished by DECCW.com to advance DEians' RKBA in 2014?  (Read 19460 times)

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
Don't be fooled by the DSSA name, as they are the legitimate 2A group in Delaware.
http://dssa.us

Although it would be great to have something aimed at specific causes, they would wind up being too small and too fractured.  Delaware is small enough that one group can do a fairly good job of representing the entire state.

Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Be aware. The DSSA like the NRA are involved in 2nd Amendment issues and issues of hunting and gun ownership. They are not involved in other issues at all. It is not their thing. You will never see them lobbying against or for social issues. When they indorse a candidate it is because of the candidates stand on 2nd Amendment and gun rights issues only.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Just Bill

• Life Member
NJ and MD "may issue" means.........if you are rich, well connected and a dem/prog., they may issue.  Del is pretty good unless you really screw up the paper work.  DSSA, DCCW, etc., AND their members have kept the libs at bay for the most part, but a moments lapse in attention and that could change quickly.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

Paladin4CA

SCOTUS declined hearing Jackson case out of SF, CA.

Many of us are no longer optimistic that the federal courts and SCOTUS will defend our RKBA that the 2nd A enshrined and said "shall not be infringed."

Best for you DE folk not to assume the antis will overlook lil' ol' Delaware....

This comes up a bunch in one form or another.  OldGrey said it best:  We fly under the radar and that's a good thing.

Looks like the antis have improved their "radar":
http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=4104.0

Do you guys even know how DE's number of CCWers changes each year, to know if you're making progress or losing ground?

If not, you need to look into using DE's Freedom of Information Act to see if you can find out.
https://delaware.gov/topics/foia.shtml

While, acc to www.nfoic.org/delaware-foia-laws, "Records of registered concealed weapons permits" are exempt, you may be able to find out just the number of active CCWs for civilians for each county going back a few years.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:38:33 AM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Paladin4CA

Don't be fooled by the DSSA name, as they are the legitimate 2A group in Delaware.
http://dssa.us

Although it would be great to have something aimed at specific causes, they would wind up being too small and too fractured.  Delaware is small enough that one group can do a fairly good job of representing the entire state.
What, exactly, are they or anyone else doing to increase the number of CCW permit holders in DE?
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
As of March 3rd there are 11,718 active licenses.  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:31:51 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
@Clarence, where did you get that number and can we get the numbers for other states?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
Thanks Lums. That's it.

Paladin4CA

Great! How has that number changed over the past, let's say, 5 years?

Acc to the US Census, DE has a pop. of ~935k in 2014, with 22% under 18 yo. So, deduct those and you have an adult pop of 729.3k, resulting in an issuance rate of 1.6% of the adult pop (vs 5% issuance rate for CCWs for the adult pop. of the entire USA).
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Clarence

• Life Member
Great! How has that number changed over the past, let's say, 5 years?

Acc to the US Census, DE has a pop. of ~935k in 2014, with 22% under 18 yo. So, deduct those and you have an adult pop of 729.3k, resulting in an issuance rate of 1.6% of the adult pop (vs 5% issuance rate for CCWs for the adult pop. of the entire USA).
Difficult to get hard numbers. In 2007 it was about 2,500.  Only using NICS since summer of 2012. You can go back on the FBI website and look up permit checks since then.  Remember that new licenses are 3 year and renewals are 5.  Also renewals will all be in the first 5 months of the year.

Big difference is that prior to the 2000s these were mostly issued to those who had connections and those who carry money. 
I do have a newspaper article that in 1953 there were "two or three" in a city of 110,000

JonathanG

From just my anecdotal experience, my sister, brother-in-law, my sister's oldest boy, my wife, several of my wife's colleagues,  a few of my friends, and myself have all obtained our permits in the last year. I have several other friends that are in the process of getting their applications in order as well. However, for most of the folks I know, it has been the uptick in civil unrest, in the last couple of years, that has been the deciding factor in seeking their permits, rather than any one group's advocacy.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
You may also want to consider that the largest part of Delaware's population lives in NCC. It is a Liberal Progressive Democrat Haven. They do not want people to carry guns at all, and are certainly in no hurry to issue permits.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
@JonathanG, agree with you that the news media and all the crime reports help to promote CCDW especially in NCC.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County