Author Topic: What has been accomplished by DECCW.com to advance DEians' RKBA in 2014?  (Read 19399 times)

Paladin4CA

Title pretty much says it all.

2nd question: What does the DECCW.com community plan to accomplish to advance DEians' RKBA in 2015?

This can be as simple as plans to increase membership at DECCW.com or to increase the number of CCWers in DE by a certain # or %, or as complex as to support/oppose certain state legislators (or even local politicians if DE doesn't have state pre-emption of gun laws), or have certain legislation introduced/repealed, or to file state or federal RKBA cases.

fwiw, IMHO, you rarely accomplish more than what you plan to accomplish.

Not trolling, just asking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:59:56 PM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

lynch

• Life Member
Re: What has been accomplished by DECCW.com to advance DEians' RKBA in 2014?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
The only ways I know of to keep track of ccdw numbers in Delaware is to become a member of this forum and to browse the ccdw notices in The Guide.
BTW, DE passed a preemption law in ( I think) 1985.
DE ccdw
PA  LTCF
Utah CFP
NRA member

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
sadly,  our crime rate is what is pushing the amount of ccdw higher and higher.

no one here can take claim to helping raise these numbers.

Word of mouth and reassurance to people seeking ccdw, a small push in that direction, signing the references for applicants ect.   sending them radnors number. lol.     stuff like that.

Make sure he buys lunch.   Sorry todd, had to go there.  ;D
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »
This is just that, a forum.  This is not a formal organization and I think the consensus here is to keep it that way.  

What I hope is that we continue to be a repository for  information related to all aspects of firearms with the emphasis on carrying for self defense.

This board does a great job at helping newcomers through the system, sharing experiences about the process, and conveying information on safe practices.  

There are other formal organizations out there and we forum members can and do support those who lobby for our rights.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »
Thank you TK will take all the referrals you send me.
Yep lunch is on me. Gotta feed them after a long day.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

kent

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »
Just for starters the Delaware News of this forum would be a place to post upcoming events such as the (912 Del. Patriots) planned rally to support law enforcement to be held on Jan. 4 from 1-4 pm on U.S. 13 just South of the Dover Mall.
I understand not all organizations or all events will be to everyone's liking but it is and may be for a good cause. Just like the NRA discounts, if I didn't answer the phone I would have missed out. Just food for thought.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Paladin4CA

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 05:06:39 AM »
This is just that, a forum.  This is not a formal organization and I think the consensus here is to keep it that way.  
I hope I did not give the impression I was suggesting DECCW.com morph into something else. I just meant it could be used as a "forum" for activists to discuss, organize and meeting to then go out and be active.

For instance, in CA, several activists on CalGuns.Net got together and formed the Calguns Foundation:
www.calgunsfoundation.org

IIRC, CGNers were also behind: https://www.facebook.com/calffl and https://www.facebook.com/gunpolicy https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

Others stayed primarily on the forum (rather than launching some other org) and using it as I described above to push for the Riverside County sheriff to accept "self-defense" as a sufficient "Good Cause" statement for getting a CCW (what we call "virtual Shall Issue" vSI). (see: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=950315) Riverside Co has a pop. of 2.3M CAians.

Others in Merced County got active on CGN and FB and swung the last election so a pro-CCW sheriff won over an anti, liberating 263k CAians!

Others in San Joaquin County (pop 700k), got active in that election, confronting the incumbent so that he had to switch to vSI lest they throw the election to a pro-CCW challenger.

Again, the folks met, did initial organizing and recruiting via CGN w/o turning it into yet another NRA competitor.

So, even though the Peruta case is still stuck in appellate hell, we're making significant inroads on the Left Coast. If Peruta gets finalized, then you can see places like Alameda Co (think Oakland and CCWs' impact on crime), Santa Clara and San Mateo counties (think Silicon Valley), SF (cultural center), and LA (cultural center w/10M population), readily issuing CCWs.

What I hope is that we continue to be a repository for  information related to all aspects of firearms with the emphasis on carrying for self defense.

This board does a great job at helping newcomers through the system, sharing experiences about the process, and conveying information on safe practices.  

There are other formal organizations out there and we forum members can and do support those who lobby for our rights.

If you guys are happy the way things are going in DE, I won't complain. Be sure to keep your eye on the Peruta (CA), Richards (CA), and Baker (HI) carry cases out of CA9 and the Palmer carry case out of the D.C. Circuit. Things should get interesting in the next year or two....

Wish you the best!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 05:18:24 AM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Paladin4CA

SCOTUS declined hearing Jackson case out of SF, CA.

Many of us are no longer optimistic that the federal courts and SCOTUS will defend our RKBA that the 2nd A enshrined and said "shall not be infringed."

Best for you DE folk not to assume the antis will overlook lil' ol' Delaware....
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Obleo

• Life Member

Many of us are no longer optimistic that the federal courts and SCOTUS will defend our RKBA that the 2nd A enshrined and said "shall not be infringed."

Best for you DE folk not to assume the antis will overlook lil' ol' Delaware....

This comes up a bunch in one form or another.  OldGrey said it best:  We fly under the radar and that's a good thing.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Paladin4CA

This comes up a bunch in one form or another.  OldGrey said it best:  We fly under the radar and that's a good thing.
Please, tell me you are joking and just forgot to put the appropriate smilie at the end of your post....

In case you were serious: out of 50 states, 42 are Shall Issue or better. Therefore the antis have only 8 states on their side and you think that you're NOT on their radar???  :o (insert facepalm smilie here)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:37:50 PM by Paladin4CA »
NRA Benefactor Member
NRA-ILA supporter

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
But compare us to our two yellow neighbors. Maryland and New Jersey are "may issue" states that won't issue. Delaware is a "may issue" state that essentially operates as a "shall issue" state.
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
The most important accomplishment in my opinion was the State Supreme Court unanimously declaring the right to keep and bear arms a fundamental right.  This was the Doe vs Wilmington Housing case. 

As for that map, how did Connecticut get to be blue.  I thought they were "reasonable May issue" like us. 

Don't be fooled by thes Shall / may tag.  There is a world of difference between us and New Jersey and Maryland.

Remember too that states like Pennsylvania that have the so called "character clause " are only shall issue in some jurisdictions.

the "under the Radar" comment is correct.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Suggest you contact the NRA or the local friends of NRA called the Delaware State Sportsman's Association. Both great organizations for 2nd Amendment Rights and hunters.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

lems902

I think I may have brought this up previously a while ago. But I do think It would be beneficial to have a local concealed carry group. I'm not familiar with the Sportsman Association, and they may fit the bill...but I'm thinking a group that just simply promotes a right to carry.
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Again that would be the DSSA. It's past and current leadership is what got and keeps the DECCW permit available in this Liberal Progressive state. They go to the legislature and fight for us. The current President of the DSSA is the former National President  of the NRA, John C. Sigler. This organization is a "umbrella" associate of the NRA. They are the most powerful pro 2nd Amendment and gun owner's right advocate in the state.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun