Author Topic: Renewals in NCC - 2015  (Read 16216 times)

jdmaguire

Renewals in NCC - 2015
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:09:04 AM »
Went to the courthouse today to do the renewal.  Very quiet, in and out in just a few minutes.  Lady at the desk said new applications are running 6 months, "couple of months" for renewals.  If you want copies, bring along a few singles.  $1 a copy.  Now the wait starts....

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Renewals in NCC - 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:10:12 AM »
Nice meeting you there, JD... try to make it to the next meetup, we're a fun bunch of folks.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
When applying for a renewal, do you have to fill in the "Reason for Application" block. I'm thinking the reason would be the same as the reason you got a CCW permit to start with. Any comments the are accurate and factual would be appreciated. Opinions are not what I'm looking for.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
When applying for a renewal, do you have to fill in the "Reason for Application" block. I'm thinking the reason would be the same as the reason you got a CCW permit to start with. Any comments the are accurate and factual would be appreciated. Opinions are not what I'm looking for.

Our initial applications both had long explanations, as advised by our trainer.
Each of our successful renewals have said only "Protection of person and property"
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:32:41 AM »
No the reasons are not needed for renewals. When the guy I teach with just renewed and asked while he was in there.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »

Our initial applications both had long explanations, as advised by our trainer.
Each of our successful renewals have said only "Protection of person and property"

If a reason is required, it appears that the acceptance of "Protection of person and property" by the Prothonotary and the judges is a tacit admission of its inherent adequacy since the wording is a paraphrase from Article I Bill of Rights of the Delaware Constitution.  The quoted final sentence, which is in capital letters, tends to get ignored by our legislators; we need to remind them of that when they introduce bills like mag limits aand safe school zones.
http://delcode.delaware.gov/constitution/constitution-02.shtml#P95_7849
§ 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED.

Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 10:48:26 PM »
Took my renewal application in the Kent County Prothonotary Office to day. On the line that asked for reason for application (be very specific) , I just put, "to protect myself, my wife, and property."  No questions asked.
I asked the clerk when I could look for the new permit. She said that I had applied early and it would probably be a month to 6 weeks.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Kilroy08

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »
I stopped by Superior Court in Wilmington on Friday, the 23rd, to drop off my renewal. The lady at the desk said 2 months for renewals and a minimum of 6 months for new applications.

I was amused by her comment that she's surprised everyone in the state hasn't gotten one yet. Apparently there's a bumper crop of new applicants for 2015.

What I was not amused by was the lady who does notary work at my credit union. "All you silly men going and applying for this thing."

I'm here to get a document notarized, not receive a commentary on politics and social issues. I just smiled, nodded politely, thanked her, and went on my way.

jdmaguire

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 02:11:17 AM »
New carry permit arrived on 6 Feb.  Pretty quick work.  34 days.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
Took my KC  permit renewal in on Jan. 5th, and got it back on Feb. 6th.   Good deal.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Tandem

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 01:27:19 PM »
  Renewal mailed on 2/3, renewed permit received 3/20 - 45 days.
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

phoneman921

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 12:20:08 PM »
Hi, I recently moved from Kent County to New Castle County. it is time for my renewal.  Do I need to do anything different when filling out my renewal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Hi, I recently moved from Kent County to New Castle County. it is time for my renewal.  Do I need to do anything different when filling out my renewal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original and 1 copy of notarized application, photos, and $65.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry