Author Topic: Moving to Delaware  (Read 8269 times)

ampb5rider

Moving to Delaware
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »
Greetings from the cold northeast! My wife and I recently purchased property in Georgetown. We are excited to be there although we have a few years before I retire. We are from Massachusetts, sorry, have friends in Lewes and love the area! I am an active shooter up here in IDPA and IPSC. I just love to shoot. My wife's Kansas background and father retired Army has her very adept with firearms and she can shoot! We are looking forward to making Georgetown our permanent residence.  We both carry Mass Class A Permits and the Utah Non Resident permit.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:30:53 PM by ampb5rider »
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Moving to Delaware
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
Great to have firearm friendly newcomers from the home of the Minutemen!

Until you become a permanent resident you are good to go with your Utah here. Don't venture into Maryland. Worse than Mass for carry.
Get to know at least 5 Sussex County residents who can vouch for you so that you can get your Delaware license when you retire here.
Keep in touch.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:24:08 AM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

ampb5rider

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
Thanks for that, with the new neighbors and friends we already have that should not be an issue.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 08:53:36 PM »
Welcome to the group, if you like to shoot IDPA, I know the place for you to join, about 30 mins from you great place, good people.

PM me for details
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 10:19:46 PM »
Welcome to you and your wife. It is good that a shooter is moving to the area. Good Luck to you and yours.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

ampb5rider

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
Excellent that's just what I needed! thank you!
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

joep19934

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 10:56:22 PM »
Welcome to the area and the Forum !
18 Day Turnaround
Kent County
NRA Member
DE/PA CCDW permits
BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB Member
Delaware State Sportsman's Association

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
Keep an eye out for when some of the forum members get together for dinner conversations.  Always a good time.  Welcome to Delaware.  I've been here 20 years with no intent on moving, yet.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
Welcome! Be mindful when you eventually apply for a DE CCDW that you should also submit a full drivers extract from MA with your application, not just the one for an employer. We moved here from NJ and since we didn't know it caused additional time in our application approval. Costs a few extra bucks but if you haven't been a resident of the state for at least 5 years they are likely to request this so best to simply include it up front. We had been here for 2 years when we applied.

kent

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
Welcome! Be mindful when you eventually apply for a DE CCDW that you should also submit a full drivers extract from MA with your application, not just the one for an employer. We moved here from NJ and since we didn't know it caused additional time in our application approval. Costs a few extra bucks but if you haven't been a resident of the state for at least 5 years they are likely to request this so best to simply include it up front. We had been here for 2 years when we applied.

never heard of a drivers extract from MA
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »
Welcome! Be mindful when you eventually apply for a DE CCDW that you should also submit a full drivers extract from MA with your application...

He may not have to do it.  He's in Sussex Co.  They even get approved in a timely manner, unlike us.

BTW, Welcome!!!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

ampb5rider

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 06:45:37 PM »
Dinner conversations sound excellent! Thank you all for the heads up and gracious welcome, seems we're falling in with the right people!!
NRA Life Member
USPSA Life Member
MA CCW
Utah CCW
Applied for DE CCDW

73Mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 02:22:22 AM »
Welcome! We moved to DE 3 years ago and love it here!
Montani Semper Liberi

Kent County
NRA Life Member

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 04:59:49 AM »
Welcome! Be mindful when you eventually apply for a DE CCDW that you should also submit a full drivers extract from MA with your application...

He may not have to do it.  He's in Sussex Co.  They even get approved in a timely manner, unlike us.

BTW, Welcome!!!

Perhaps, though it wasn't the clerks or judge who required it from us, it was the Federal agent who does the background check. Iirc both Kent and Sussex county applications are still sent to the NCC Federal office for the check before being returned to their counties so... Who knows.