Author Topic: UPPER DARBY, Pa ---- Man Shoots Would-Be Robber  (Read 2471 times)

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
UPPER DARBY, Pa ---- Man Shoots Would-Be Robber
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:05:25 AM »
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - SkyFOX was over the scene of a deadly shooting near the 6700 block of Short Street in Upper Darby, which happened at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Police say a 67-year-old man was out for a walk with his dog on a trail when two men, both in their 20s, approached him at Cobbs Creek Park. According to police, one of the would-be robbers had a pellet gun. Police say the 67-year-old man shot one of the suspects in the head, killing him.

"He hears somebody running behind him. He turns around and sees a guy with a gun in his hand pointed at him and said give me all you got," said Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.  "When he started losing the struggle he pulled his gun out and fired one shot and shot the bad guy in the head."

The man ran to the street and called police. When they arrived they found the suspect dead and next to his body--a pellet gun used in the robbery.

There is still no identification on either of the suspects.  At this point, police believe the shooter acted in self defense so no charges will be filed.
The 67-year-old man was taken to the hospital with chest pains. According to investigators, the man was licensed to carry a gun and acted in self-defense, so no charges are expected.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: UPPER DARBY, Pa ---- Man Shoots Would-Be Robber
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:51:11 AM »
67 year old man 18 year old punk.  Great equalizer.  Sad that a life was lost at a young age.  Hopefully a lesson learned for other wanna be hoods.  I'm sure the old fellow feels bad. With million licences out there in PA, these things are going to happen more frequently.  Take notice: robbing people will be like Russian roulette. You never know who you are dealing with.

Of course we will probably hear he was "a good boy" who was "turning his life around"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:32:29 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.