Author Topic: who carries a Revolver  (Read 3180 times)

Blaserman

who carries a Revolver
« on: January 17, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
 I am looking for a holster Idea   tyo carrie my 357   4 or 6 inch

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: who carries a Revolver
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:24:15 PM »
Check out www.theholsterstore.com
I have bought holsters from them and they a priced right and ship fast. USA made holsters from Florida. I ordered mine and had it in hand in 4 days.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
I use a simple OWB leather Galco for my .357.. A spurless Ruger SP101. Love that revolver for carry.

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:47 PM »
Interesting question.  It's going to depend a little bit on your built.  I've carried since 1966 and settled in on a high ride leather holster on my strong arm side.   I used a shoulder holster for a time but have neck problems and it was uncomfortable after a while.  Also, if the shoulder holster does not have a snap to keep the gun in place, when you bend over it may fall out.  As far as the belt holster, you don't want the end of the holster or the barrel of the gun sticking out below your shirt or jacket.  That is why I went with the high ride holster.  The grips are almost to my armpit but it is concealed.  Now that I've gotten old and fat I've gone into carrying a man purse :-).  A leather pouch with built in holster, zippered compartments, and a belt so I can wear it around my waste.  Works with swim suit or snow suit.   
But when younger I went with this style and it worked very well.  DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard Belt Holster is similar to what I used most.  Good luck.