Author Topic: Orwellian result of firearm registration  (Read 4794 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Orwellian result of firearm registration
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:24:21 AM »
Read this and understand what the registration of firearms leads to:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/01/guns_confiscated_after_man_seeks_insomnia_treatment.html#ixzz3Nfb5sIGZ

Chilling indeed.  This is why we must fight. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Orwellian result of firearm registration
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
Careful at your next dentist appointment.. If you have a cavity they might believe you have lost the mental ability to look after yourself and thus mentally unfit to own a firearm.  :o

Think it couldn't happen? Doubt anyone thought you could have your firearms taken because you had a few bad nights of sleep either! They will are are twisting everything they can to take firearms away from lawful owners.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »
Isn't this ironic.  The reason for my insomnia is the specter of over-reaching government taking my firearms.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
Apparently the "involuntary admission" information was a staff mistake from the hospital.

The lawsuit says that during that visit, staff erroneously listed him as an “involuntary admission,” triggering the SAFE Act reporting provision. Those deemed at-risk for owning guns by mental health professionals have to be reported and their names entered into a database.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/04/retired-cop-sues-new-york-for-confiscating-guns-after-hospital-visit-for/

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
So any hopolophobic woosie hyped up on Bloomburgesque propaganda that feels everyone who has a gun is "at Risk" can report you.  
I hope the cash settlement from the hospital is a large one.
Send a message.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:26:48 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:48:53 PM »
So any hopolophobic woosie hyped up on Bloomburgesque propaganda that feels everyone who has a gun is "at Risk" can report you.  

Yes.

With the rabid anti-gunners the ends justify the means. It is this same mentality that got the guy carrying a BB gun he picked up off the shelf in a Wal-Mart shot by cops because someone called 911 and lied saying he was pointing the gun at other shoppers. The same with the Moms Demand whatever group, created with a lie. The "founder" of the group, Shannon Watts, (real name Shannon Troughton) is not just a typical stay at home mom. She is a public relations professional who at one time was president of her own public relations firm. Her "grass roots" movement is a carefully staged act funded by Bloomberg. They misrepresent information, sometimes outright lying, and seem to be OK with it because they believe their goals are just. Like Bloomberg, she hides behind her armed security team while saying we peasants cannot have guns. 

I hope New York wakes up and reverses their "SAFE Act" law.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Tandem

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »
  It seems the next appropriate step to defend the rights of gun owners would be for him to sue the hospital for the damages and costs that resulted from their "staff error".
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder