Author Topic: Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010  (Read 5144 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »
This is what happens when a state goes to "Shall Issue" for carry permits!

Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
It'll never happen in Liberal Progressive Delaware. They will remain "May Issue".
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 09:47:43 AM »
DE remains May Issue however most legally permitted applicants do tend to receive their permit. Just being a May Issue state should not hold anyone back from applying. Add the appeals ability and any denial would have to have a reasonable explanation. While not Shall Issue, I've yet to see anyone denied without a valued reason in the last 4 years.

Not arguing that Shall Issue wouldn't be nice to see, just that De does tend to issue to anyone legally permitted to carry.

Btw.. I noticed last Thursday a full 18 CCDW application postings in the local Middletown paper! Usually it's just 2-4 so I was floored to see so many. Great stuff to see!

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »
Peoples Republic of Maryland is "shall issue". You see how good it is there.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
Quite honestly, I can't see amy benefit that this would bring to us.  And the real truth is that it could seriously backfire on us.  I, for one, have no desire to have some patchwork system of permissible areas, such as in Texas.  We don't need no-gun signs carrying the force of laws, duty to inform provisions, and whatever else that they can tack on.  Also, the same reasons that can currently prevent somene from getting their ticket will probably continue to be good reasons keeping them from getting it. 

I have, long ago, given up on defending anything in this hose-bag state.  However, when you compare our CCW process and costs to most other states, this isn't bad.  It may not be as easy as when there wasn't a training requirement, but it's still not bad. 
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
Quite honestly, I can't see amy benefit that this would bring to us.  And the real truth is that it could seriously backfire on us.  I, for one, have no desire to have some patchwork system of permissible areas, such as in Texas.  We don't need no-gun signs carrying the force of laws, duty to inform provisions, and whatever else that they can tack on.  Also, the same reasons that can currently prevent somene from getting their ticket will probably continue to be good reasons keeping them from getting it. 

I have, long ago, given up on defending anything in this hose-bag state.  However, when you compare our CCW process and costs to most other states, this isn't bad.  It may not be as easy as when there wasn't a training requirement, but it's still not bad. 

This.

We're flying (relatively) free because we're under the radar. Let's keep it that way.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
Peoples Republic of Maryland is "shall issue". You see how good it is there.
Actually I'm wrong, Maryland is technically a "may issue" state. In reality it's a " good luck trying to get a permit here " state.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »
There is an old saying in the industry - "If it don't stink, don't stir it".  Even though DE is "may issue", we are at the good end of the continuum which ranges from almost none to almost everyone. A cursory look at the MD Constitution yields only a simple setup for a militia while DE has this:
-------
§ 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED.
http://delcode.delaware.gov/constitution/constitution-02.shtml#P95_7849
-------
Note the sentence in all caps: it is a good thing to quote in your e-mails to your anti-2A reps.

On another note about the number of CCs in DE vs. other states; I prefer quality over quantity.  Some people are worth encouraging to CC while others make one cringe.  An old Navy saying is applicable "one awsh$t wipes out a thousand attaboys" meaning one bad CC incident fuels a load of anti-2A legislation.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.