State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010

(1/2) > >>

MarkB:
This is what happens when a state goes to "Shall Issue" for carry permits!

Boom: Iowa gun permits soar five-fold since 2010

SturmRugerSR9:
It'll never happen in Liberal Progressive Delaware. They will remain "May Issue".

Adrenolin:
DE remains May Issue however most legally permitted applicants do tend to receive their permit. Just being a May Issue state should not hold anyone back from applying. Add the appeals ability and any denial would have to have a reasonable explanation. While not Shall Issue, I've yet to see anyone denied without a valued reason in the last 4 years.

Not arguing that Shall Issue wouldn't be nice to see, just that De does tend to issue to anyone legally permitted to carry.

Btw.. I noticed last Thursday a full 18 CCDW application postings in the local Middletown paper! Usually it's just 2-4 so I was floored to see so many. Great stuff to see!

del elec:
Peoples Republic of Maryland is "shall issue". You see how good it is there.

CorBon:
Quite honestly, I can't see amy benefit that this would bring to us.  And the real truth is that it could seriously backfire on us.  I, for one, have no desire to have some patchwork system of permissible areas, such as in Texas.  We don't need no-gun signs carrying the force of laws, duty to inform provisions, and whatever else that they can tack on.  Also, the same reasons that can currently prevent somene from getting their ticket will probably continue to be good reasons keeping them from getting it. 

I have, long ago, given up on defending anything in this hose-bag state.  However, when you compare our CCW process and costs to most other states, this isn't bad.  It may not be as easy as when there wasn't a training requirement, but it's still not bad. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version