Author Topic: LEOSA  (Read 12700 times)

dtj1776

LEOSA
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Who offers LEOSA CCWD training in DE for retired LEO's whose agency won't provide that training?

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: LEOSA
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
I thought you had to qualify where ever your agency qualified.

I (we) do offer the DE CCDW training.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »
Welcome from Sussex Co. my brother. Shooter's Choice is having a LEOSA qualification next Mon.,Feb.2. I am not sure if the session is filled. Call Shooter's Choice and get your name on a list. When speaking with them ask them any questions you have. I have been using Shooter's Choice for LEOSA since it began in I believe 2005. You will need a police retirement card that contains the info needed for LEOSA. I would also get a DE CCW Permit and get it while you can. You never know here in liberal land what is coming next. I moved to DE almost 21 yrs ago from the PRNJ and serving 30yrs. and in May,1995 obtained my CCW permit. Welcome and if I can help let me know. I forgot this. There is a fee at Shooter's Choice ,$125.00, for the qualification and this also includes a years membership at the range. Good Luck to you and again welcome.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

dtj1776

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »
LEOSA training is not the same as CCDW training.  CCDW training is a prerequisite to conceal carry any weapon in the State.  LEOSA training certifies the individual with a specific weapon(s) (make, model, caliber), which can be different than the duty weapon.  LE agencies are not required to provide that training to the retiree, even if the duty weapon and retiree's weapons are identical.  Some agencies don't provide the training due to cost or liability issues.  Other agencies allow the retiree to attend but active LEO's take precedence and any others are likely to get "bumped".  Any firearms instructor recognized by the DE Council on Police Training may provide the training.  I'm seeking a civilian instructor as a matter of convenience.

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »
I am very much aware of he difference between LEOSA and DE CCW permit. I have both but the state permit is only good for the state. I like the national carry thing and can carry when I leave DE. There is a gun dealer west of Georgetown that is a state registered instructor for the state permit. Call JD Defense Guns and Training.  302-856-6910 I have never been to this shop or ever meet the instructor. I just heard that his facility is a bit primitive but who cares along as one can get qualified. I have heard he was a decent guy. I hope this has been helpful to you. Later,   P<S I have heard that he does the state permit and he is LEOSA qualified.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:38:46 PM »
@dtj1776, it appears that you are familiar with the DE Code but here is the link just in case.
See para d(1)
http://delcode.delaware.gov/title11/c005/sc07/index.shtml#1441A
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

dtj1776

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:09:19 PM »
Guess you could say I'm familiar with the law, maybe more so than most, but certainly not an expert or an attorney.  I remember a college professor telling me one day that the right to self defense is the first law of nature, and dates back to the days long, long before the Constitution and Bill of Rights. 

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »
Guess you could say I'm familiar with the law, maybe more so than most, but certainly not an expert or an attorney.  I remember a college professor telling me one day that the right to self defense is the first law of nature, and dates back to the days long, long before the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  
Amen.  That is the crux of it. The 2nd Amendment and Article 20 mere affirm our government must respect and defend that right.  Anything less is merely a privledge.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:56:14 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.