Author Topic: New Gun Bill  (Read 11339 times)

JOET

• Life Member
New Gun Bill
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:20:50 AM »

FYI: We all need to keep our eyes on this....   

Welcome to the 148th

Jeffrey Spiegelman
        Today at 5:45 PM

To

BCC

me

Friends for Jeff Spiegelman (firearms list),

Happy New Year. I hope everyone is doing well.

First, the good news. Below is a link to my HB23 which passed committee this afternoon. While not earth shattering, it does help clean up some language and is a pro-gun and pro-hunting bill that is supported by the Division of Fish and Wildlife. Hopefully we can get it passed.

Now, the bad news. Attached is a bill that went out for co-sponsorship yesterday. It is disguised as a "Domestic Violence Gun Bill". This bill is pretty scary. A simple misdemeanor for Offensive Touching (which is already a legal gray area often caused by overreaction or misunderstanding) and you have to give your guns and ammo to a law enforcement agency (who can charge you a fee for the 5 years they would have to store them) and/or sell them to a gun store or be charged with a felony.

If a person even thinks, or lies and says they think, that they are in fear of a defendant's 2nd Amendment rights, the defendant would be required by law to give their firearms and ammunition to a law enforcement agency (again, with five years of storage fees) or sell them to a gun store.

Oh, and don't think you will be allowed to give or sell the firearms to a family member or friend to hold or store. This bill would make that illegal too. I have no idea what would happen to the guns in the house that are technically the property of someone else in the household.

Let's hope that those who cherish their 2nd Amendment rights, or even those just concerned with constitutional rights and good governance, will prevail against this law. I encourage you to call, write, or email your elected officials and urge them (RESPECTFULLY AND POLITELY. We 2nd Amendment supporters get nowhere being rude) to vote against this bill.

I would also like to point out that the bill is supposed to be amending Title 11 in the Delaware code.... but suddenly jumps to Title 10.... interesting.....

-- Thanks.
Jeff Spiegelman 
Representative 11th District
Dover: 302-744-4171
Wilmington: 302-577-8723
Cell: 302-399-7728
Fax: 302-739-2773
Constituent: jeff.spiegelman@state.de.us
Personal: jeff@jeffderepresentative.com
Legislative Hall: PO Box 1401.  Dover, DE  19903
Personal:  PO Box 869.  Clayton, DE.  19938
www.jeffspiegelman.com
www.jeffderepresentative.com

New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: New Gun Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:57:36 AM »
For those of you who wish to be proactive, the following is a link to this years Delaware legislation:

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis148.nsf/Legislation?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Collapse=1#1

Note that it looks the same but is different than last years page. The "House Bill" & "Senate Bill" tabs will expand to show currently filed
bills & their status. New bills are added each week.

When I first saw HB23's title I was a little concerned until I saw Jeff's name attached to it. He has always been a firm 2A supporter.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 01:49:51 PM »
So, lets get your Legislators heated up to stop this cold in its tracks. This cannot stand. Get up off your lazy a$$es and get obn the email, letter writing and phone and let them know how we feel. Let's go Delaware.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 02:58:02 PM »
Is JeffS referring to SB-12? 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 04:11:55 PM »
The link I received from the 9/12 Delaware Patriots with the text of the bill does not have a bill number yet (unless one has now been assigned).

Here is the link:  https://files.ctctcdn.com/4f546d4e001/069717d4-0388-4ae7-a88d-811077f8415b.pdf
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:33 PM »
My under standing is that SB 12 was sent in with HB 23.
Click on the link for Delaware Legislators and read the whole of both bills. SB 12 is attached to HB 23.
Read it all not just the synopsis.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 12:22:53 AM »
This morning I received a heads up from Delaware Patriots. I will notify my Rep. on my negative opinion of this pending piece of crap. The libs just cannot let it be and let us just live our lives. I really feel that this pending thing is very dangerous and I do not like the wording. I am very much into the handling of domestic violence but wording in this has me very worried.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Here is another one that has been sent to me:

FYI:

Friends for Jeff Spiegelman (firearms list)
I wanted to make you aware of another bad bill.  SB19.  http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis148.nsf/vwLegislation/SB+19/$file/legis.html?open

This is a gun buy-back bill.  Aka an evidence destruction bill.  Aka the state pays $100 for $25 pellet and paintball guns just bought at Walmart.  Aka lots of other things.

I will say, in my experience, money is set aside every year in the Delaware budget for this program.  However, it requires action from the General Assembly to use.  It typically passes in one side of the building and fails in the other, at which point the money goes back into the General Fund.  Lets hope that this year is no different.  Please let your senator know (POLITELY) that you are not in favor of this bill

New Castle County

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
I guess the winter break is over!
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Just Bill

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:41 PM »
Unfortunately, both of my elected officials are probably on the list of sponsors , but i call/write anyhow.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

mominde

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
FYI, I think this is the law the Phone Survey was about.  (see that post on here)  Looks like they are trying to push it through!  If it has reached cold calls, it may go further than we hoped.  :(