Author Topic: Penn Cinema Riverfront IMAX  (Read 13513 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Penn Cinema Riverfront IMAX
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »
Mrs. OGG wanted to see Jupiter Ascending in IMAX, so we went into Wilmington on a Saturday night... only to encounter a Wilmington cop right behind the ticket takers.
She had my wife open the main compartment of her purse, looked into it, and let us both in with our concealed firearms. (The purse has a side pocket... duh)!!!

If this is an example of the investigative skills of the Wilmington PD... no wonder people get shot there every day.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

ThePixelated

Re: Penn Cinema Riverfront IMAX
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 11:58:42 PM »
At least they didn't frisk you like the TSA.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »
OGG,
I haven't been to the movies since Clint Eastwood made the "Every Which Way but Lose"  and "Every Which Way You Can" films back in the 80's. Movies then were about $3-$4 to get in and pop-corn was $1.50. I guess a night at the movies for 2 and drinks and pop-corn now must set you back about $30.00 doesn't it?
Don't think I'll be having to worry about carrying there. I will have to stay home and watch cable TV, and I can get movies on that as well. I'm paying for that anyhow.

Stay safe, you guys.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:23:09 AM »
Movies then were about $3-$4 to get in and pop-corn was $1.50. I guess a night at the movies for 2 and drinks and pop-corn now must set you back about $30.00 doesn't it?

It's over $40 for two tickets to the IMAX (purchased online), not including drinks & popcorn. Times have changed.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

CorBon

• Life Member
  • The Revolution starts in your heart...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 02:52:24 AM »
First, you have to wonder what they are looking for?  Second, do they "look" at every person, or maybe just pick out the obvious choices for folks that won't be bringing in contraband?  And lastly, I'm glad that they are looking into women's purses, as normally they only want to look into the "backpacks" of guys -- which seems a bit discriminatory. Occasionally, I carry a PUSH bag and have had the door-folks ask to look into it, to which I normally ask if they are inspecting the purses of every woman -- and then walk by the person.  The only time that I did open it up, a gun was holstered right on top -- and not a word was said.  I guess they think that I'm stealing an 80" flat panel or something.
Very few guns are actually "illegal guns."  A gun misappropriated by a criminal is no more of an "illegal gun" than a stolen car is an "illegal car."

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:11 AM »
I took the wife and my 4 year old son to the movies a few months ago on a rainy day in the new Middletown theater for an afternoon show. We were the only ones in the theater for the entire movie which was great. Add drinks and popcorn it was just over $60 bucks for the 3 of us. Of course a movie is usually followed by dinner out so add on another 35-40 bucks and it's a $100 trip with gas.

We've been here a few times now without noticing any security. No posted signage either.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »
Wow! I can never imagine us ever going to a movie in a theater again. We are old folks and cannot "waste" our fixed income money on that. When you have to consider what money you have and will have, against how many years you still may live, you look at things differently than when you are still younger and working. I recently got notice that my MDR on my IRA investments is  due in a few months and they base the distribution based on a life expectancy of 26.5 more years. Do   you realize how much money it takes to live 26.5 years? When you get to that stage in life, it gets scary.  No one can live on Social Security, so if that's what your thinking about for when you get older, better keep on working.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 04:26:03 PM »
@StormrugerSR9, You are so correct. I am in the same stage of life living on Social Security and my savings. Therefore non essentials must come from the "extras" part of our budget which only contains limited amount of funds. Ammo, is the top of the list in the "extras" section and the priorities continue until it is all for each month.
So to supplement the "extras" I officiate tennis at the college and professional level. It give me a little more for the "extras" during the warm weather when the tennis tournaments are held.  

Sorry for the off topic reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »
Ammo, me too!!!!!!

go to dinner once in a while..rent a movie on PPV at times...
New Castle County