Author Topic: Here We Go Again  (Read 12148 times)

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Here We Go Again
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:21:42 PM »
I actually hope this works this time.

The bill will allow law-abiding citizens to exercise their rights without running into local reciprocity “traps” that could turn them into felons, while concealed carriers would still be subject to the laws of the states in which they are travels in regards to the laws that they must follow in terms of keeping it concealed, where they can carry, and when they may use force.

http://bearingarms.com/cornyn-introduces-constitutional-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-senate/?utm_source=bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Re: Here We Go Again
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
This would be great except you can expect a swift veto.  More reason we need to work hard in 2016
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 11:31:59 AM »
This would be great except you can expect a swift veto.  More reason we need to work hard in 2016

As a liberal, I say Not necessarily...
Obama's legislative record has been almost French in his willingness to surrender. He might just sign this, attempting to gain other concessions from Congress.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
From the NRA-ILA posting
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150212/nra-backs-constitutional-concealed-carry-bill-in-us-senate
"The legislation would respect the rights of individuals who possess concealed carry permits from their home state or who are not prohibited from carrying concealed in their home state to exercise those rights in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry."

S.498 has sixteen co-sponsors

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d114:489:./list/bss/d114SN.lst:@@@P
S.498
Latest Title: A bill to allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.
Sponsor: Sen Cornyn, John [TX] (introduced 2/12/2015)      Cosponsors (16)
Latest Major Action: 2/12/2015 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
COSPONSORS(16), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]:     (Sort: by date)
Sen Barrasso, John [WY] - 2/12/2015
Sen Boozman, John [AR] - 2/12/2015
Sen Burr, Richard [NC] - 2/12/2015
Sen Cochran, Thad [MS] - 2/12/2015
Sen Crapo, Mike [ID] - 2/12/2015
Sen Daines, Steve [MT] - 2/12/2015
Sen Fischer, Deb [NE] - 2/12/2015
Sen Grassley, Chuck [IA] - 2/12/2015
Sen Hatch, Orrin G. [UT] - 2/12/2015
Sen Isakson, Johnny [GA] - 2/12/2015
Sen Manchin, Joe, III [WV] - 2/12/2015
Sen Moran, Jerry [KS] - 2/12/2015
Sen Risch, James E. [ID] - 2/12/2015
Sen Thune, John [SD] - 2/12/2015
Sen Vitter, David [LA] - 2/12/2015
Sen Wicker, Roger F. [MS] - 2/12/2015

The text of the bill should be posted here when GPO receives it
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c114:S.498:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:45:27 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »
I whole heartily support this bill. As we are held hostage by the State of Maryland, and New Jersey, we in the State of Delaware are limited on travel in those states that many Delawareans have business, and personal reasons to travel to often.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 01:47:13 PM »
don't forget New York.............
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
This would be a great thing for all CCW holders to have national carry. I have had national carry since LEOSA was passed and signed by W. I am no better or more important than any other CCW permit holder. I do have to qualify once a year and I am sure to have national carry nobody currently would object. Again hope this comes but I am sure that Obama will veto it. This should not be a liberal/conservative thing. Everyone should be able to defend themselves no matter what state you live in or visit. We have no trouble with drivers licenses so CCW permits should be no different.
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 05:56:35 PM »
This would be great except you can expect a swift veto.  More reason we need to work hard in 2016

As a liberal, I say Not necessarily...
Obama's legislative record has been almost French in his willingness to surrender. He might just sign this, attempting to gain other concessions from Congress.
I too am a liberal......in the Jeffersonian sense.  Today's liberals are actually Collectivists.  Those that support the Obama type agenda are in favor of "conserving" the status quo might even be the " conservatives".  

Just saying. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:58:11 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
I have a friend in Virginia and I was shocked to hear him say he was against this bill. We grew up in the same area and went to school together. Lived on Maryland's Eastern Shore, a hunters paradise. We were both in the military. I was in the USAF and he in the USMC in the Vietnam era. Now here's where it gets weird. He was a Maryland State Police officer. I was in the retail market in Delaware. We are both retired and live in the country where there is no close police response. I was almost shocked when he replied to my letter requesting my friends and family to write or email their Senators in support of the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. He said he didn't think people should have guns.
Could have knocked me over with a feather. Guess all that Maryland Liberalism finally got to him. Sad, so sad.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 12:32:02 PM »
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
Do you ever think that the politicians will come to their senses and realize that crime/gun problems are not caused by the CCW permit holders?
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Do you ever think that the politicians will come to their senses and realize that crime/gun problems are not caused by the CCW permit holders?

No.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »
They will once we vote in large enough numbers to influence an election.
The issues don't matter to them as much as keeping their jobs.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 03:29:18 PM »
I emailed Senator Chris Coons, requesting support for the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act now in the Senate Judiciary Committee of which he is a member. This is the response I received from him. Or should I say this is the blanket non-response form letter I received from this Obama puppet and anti-gun Delawarean .
It reads:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on gun control with me.  I have been deeply saddened by the recent and continued instances of gun violence throughout Delaware and our country.

I agree that the right to bear firearms, protected by the Second Amendment, is a fundamental freedom.  In the wake of countless unimaginable tragedies, however, we are reminded that no freedom is absolute.   I am carefully considering a range of options to address gun violence that include strengthening mental health care, enforcing existing laws, improving gun safety, and exploring ways to improve our system of background checks to ensure that violent criminals and those with mental illness cannot harm their fellow Americans.  With all legislation that comes before the Senate, I will be certain to closely weigh the public safety interests of society with the civil liberties and freedoms afforded to all citizens.

Again, thank you for contacting me.  I am honored to represent Delaware in the United States Senate and truly value hearing from Delawareans on issues of concern.  My website, www.coons.senate.gov, can provide additional details about my work in the Senate, including legislation and state projects.  I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues that matter to you.

Sincerely,
Christopher A. Coons
United States Senator

It  sounded good in the 1st sentence and then went downhill from there. This will be remembered if he runs for any office again. Hope you will remember also.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative