Author Topic: New Member  (Read 6477 times)

Viking33

« on: February 20, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »
I found your forum while browsing the internet. I had a CDWP issued in DE for 20 plus years, but let it expire around ten years ago.  That was a bad move.  I now have a Florida CCWP, and have been waiting for Delaware to issue me my new one for approximately 9 1/2 months.  They called me in mid November and told me that I had been approved, but that I needed to provide the certification of the course requirements.  I took a course, and range requirements were fulfilled, and delivered them the certification on December 5, 2014.  Still waiting. Contacted them three weeks ago, and they said it would be in processed in a week and a half.  Anybody know where or who the bottleneck is?  Years ago I used to lobby the Delaware Legislature for the DSSA, and I'm thinking that someone needs to kick some butt over this situation.  Well, it's good to have found this group.
NRA
DSSA

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
1st, WELCOME!

2nd, Do NOT carry concealed in Delaware AS A DELAWARE RESIDENT with your FL permit.  It is NOT valid for Delaware residents to use in De for concealing.

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Viking33

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
I knew that since I read all of the CCDW Permit information close to a year ago.  I got the Florida permit when I was down there for a week, and got bored.  I've been around here in Delaware for a long time.  Willow Gun Club, Brandywine 100 Rod and Gun, Delaware State Pistol Club, DSSA, Governors Advisory Council for Fish and Wildlife, Ducks Unlimited. Currently only affiliated with NRA and DSSA.
Small bore and high power rifle, pistol, Trap, sporting clays, and extensive reloading are all past and current interests.  I've just been pre-occupied for the last fifteen years.
NRA
DSSA

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
You didn't mention which county you applied in. That makes a big difference.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Welcome to the group
New Castle County

RetCapt1994

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »
Welcome back and I hope the DE permit arrives soon. I would be interested to know what county you have applied with. Good Luck and Welcome again.   
Glock Armorer - Tavor Level One Armorer
It is all about bullet placement                          Carry permits, de ccw, and leosa/hr218  DELAWARE SUCKS----THE WORST STATE

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
Welcome, good to have back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Viking33

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
New Castle County.  For what it's worth I'm a native Delawarean, and when I was working with DHS, I had no problems getting my Secret Security Clearance. So if they actually run it past the FBI, my info should have come back fairly quickly showing no problems. Personally I think that they just like to mess with people, and make them jump through hoops.
NRA
DSSA

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
New Castle County.  For what it's worth I'm a native Delawarean, and when I was working with DHS, I had no problems getting my Secret Security Clearance. So if they actually run it past the FBI, my info should have come back fairly quickly showing no problems. Personally I think that they just like to mess with people, and make them jump through hoops.

Actually,  that was not my experience in Kent County.  Six week turn-around.  The Prothonatary was the most courteous and helpful staff that I had seen in a long time.  However, I have read that New Castle has the longest back log due the most applications.

Welcome to the forum!
Proud resident of Kent County DE