Author Topic: Take the Phone Survey!  (Read 12686 times)

mominde

Take the Phone Survey!
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:32:19 PM »
I just got off the phone for a 20 min survey, but I'm VERY glad I took it. At first I thought it was a who would you vote for thing...wrong!  Seems Delaware is trying to back door some new gun laws. The survey is geared to finding out what wording would make it sound believable to everyone. Basically it seems they are trying to give judges the authority to blindly take away any and all guns, prohibit people from buying guns, and many other sanctions just on the accusation that someone is violent or a danger to themselves or others. Going off the questions asked, it seems the NRA is against it and the Everytown for Gun Safety is for it.  http://everytown.org  PLEASE take the survey and make your voice count!

mominde

Re: Take the Phone Survey!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:03:11 PM »
Quick follow up- I received a personal email from Jeff Spiegelman and a personal PHONE CALL from David Lawson from his personal cell number regarding a letter I sent them asking them to vote NO on any bill that didn't stand up for the second amendment.  BOTH said they will NOT support bill 16 and would not support any other crazy bill that came across the floor.  They did ask that anyone who can, please write letters stating your stand.  They take these letters to the floor and use them as "evidence" that the people want xyz... So it does pay off to write them. Sen Lawson also said that the liberals are pushing hard to pass these bills as it looks like they may lose a seat in the next election and lose majority.  It's not too late, stand up and be heard!  :D

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:34 PM »
The problem is not the Republicans, it's the left-wing liberal Progressive Democrats, especially those from NCC.
I don't think you have much worry about down state. It's above the canal, or mote as some down here call it.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

kent

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »
MANY of these calls are from out-of-state or unavailable  telephone numbers......beware.....word to the wise should be sufficient.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

eclipse

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »
I think I received a call about this last night. I was from a private number. They said it was for a political survey.  First question was do you support more strict enforcement of current laws or new more strict laws. Another question was is it legale to buy/sell/transfer high capacity magazines.   I asked them to define high capacity and they said 10. Then I asked if they were located in New York. They said delaware.

I am going off memory on this so don't take this word for word. All questions were gun related. I called rep Spiderman and let him know about the call

Tandem

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:12:59 PM »
I had the same survey experience - private number on caller ID.  The questions were statements of "possible Delaware gun laws, with the response being whether you thought this was a current law or not.  It was hard to tell whether it was intended to gauge true knowledge of the laws or open the door for "70% of Delawareans thought this was already a law", when new laws are proposed.  Many seemed to fall into the category of "common sense" restrictions (per the gun grabbers' views) - violent misdemeanors denied right to own, magazine limits, waiting periods, etc...  The last question, I declined, "do you own guns?".
NRA Life Member
DE/PA CCDW Permit Holder

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
My Rule #1: Never take phone surveys. You don't know who you are giving information, or what it's being used for.
I usually tell them if they will send me a written survey questionnaire, I will consider answering it.
I seldom get writer survey questionnaires, and seldom answer them.
At least this way, a written questionnaire has to have a return address, which you can research on-line.

Be careful out there. They are devious, and evil.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun