Author Topic: CCW any help in gun purchases?  (Read 10395 times)

tonygoldston

Re: CCW any help in gun purchases?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 02:39:35 AM »
Just took my CCDW training class they did say that you can show your permit and it excludes you from the back ground check.

CCW excludes the restriction of private transfers requiring a FFL and background check. So if you have a CCW you can purchase a gun from a private individual.

29thInfantry

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 04:11:32 AM »
Just took my CCDW training class they did say that you can show your permit and it excludes you from the back ground check.

CCW excludes the restriction of private transfers requiring a FFL and background check. So if you have a CCW you can purchase a gun from a private individual.

Thank you for clarifying that for me
NRA Member
US Army Vet.
Delaware CCDWP
PA LTCF
Child of God

Wayne15464

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »
I do miss those days, when all you had to do was show your DL and CCW in DE, to purchase a handgun.

A time we shall never see again, what a shame.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 07:38:35 PM »
If you want the "legalize", you can find it here. Click on amendment 1 (HA1) to house bill 35, line item 6
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.NSF/vwLegislation/HB+35?Opendocument

Synopsis:
This Amendment allows transfer without a background check to individuals who have already gone through an extensive review process as part of the concealed carry permit application.

New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
I do miss those days, when all you had to do was show your DL and CCW in DE, to purchase a handgun.

A time we shall never see again, what a shame.
Before about 1992 and after 1983 you just showed your drivers license.  Befor 1983 you need two property owners signatures.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 02:10:05 AM »
Some of the most inaccurate information out there comes from instructors.

Your CCDW license has not bearing on a firearm purchase. You will be run through the FBI NICS instant check system just like everybody else. 

Way back before the federal Brady check, Delaware had its own system and CCDW license holders were exempt.  That went away in 1998

this.....a few years back when we used to do state checks, permit holders were exempt from that check but still needed the federal check....we no longer do state checks....

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 04:35:04 AM »
They stopped doing the State checks 3-4 years ago iirc. I know we moved to DE 4 years ago and they were still doing it then but believe it was shortly after that it changed. Only reason I remember is I was at Shooters Choice just after our move and watched as one guy had the Federal check only and then next guy asked why he had a State check as well.