Author Topic: Recommendation for insurance  (Read 3583 times)

ChrisCar

Recommendation for insurance
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:35:41 AM »
I've been comparing the insurance options for ccdw holders (e.g. Second Call, USCCA, etc.)  They all seem relatively comparable.   Does anyone have a particular reason to recommend one over the others?   Anyone know anybody who actually made a claim?  I'd be interested in hearing how helpful (or not) these companies are.  Do they stand behind their insureds, or do they look for loopholes and excuses to deny coverage?   Of course,  I hope i never need to find out for myself.   :-\

Thank you.
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Recommendation for insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 03:13:03 AM »
I use the NRA insurance.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:58:05 AM »
2nd call....

Do your homework.  Some pay AFTER you've been cleared, FEW pay during the process.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

robberbaron

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
I have CCW Safe. They promise great service and all costs are supposed to be paid by them at the time they are incurred. Very reasonable cost, too.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
I have this ... Patriot Legal Protection LLC... check it out
New Castle County

ChrisCar

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Last week I joined the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network.  This is not an insurance plan, it's only for legal fees.  (I'm thinking I'll get insurance once my permit comes through).

But this program seemed interesting.  Only $125 for the first year, then $85 for renewals (with even lower rates if you pay multiple years in advance).   They give up to $10,000 for initial retainer, plus help with bail/bond funding (They don't reimburse you, they put the money up front).  Also, you can call them after an incident and they'll get one of their attorneys on-site for your emergent needs (e.g. police interview, bail hearing, etc.)

I know a lot of the insurers do that also, but here's another plus: they send you informational materials (I received 7 DVDs yesterday) every year.  Plus -- in their discretion -- they may give additional legal funding if their Board feels the shooting was justified.  The Board includes Massad Ayoob and John Farnam. 

If anyone is interested in more info, they're at: https://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/
New Castle County
DE CCDW,  PA LTCF,  UT CFP
NRA Benefactor Member
DSSA Member